Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 P-type, with a tired 5m in her. The engine has over 209k miles and was running a few months ago. The car starts and runs for awhile, but soon dies. I can't get it to start for about 10 minutes, then it fires right up... I have been dealing with this problem for about 6 months. I have checked the fuel pump, ignition, injectors and plugs. All are working fine.. I was thinking about the fuel filter? Does that seem like the next logical step... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...
Dan

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Ditto on that! Check/replace the fuel filter and also check the gas tank and see if it has crud laying on the bottom.

·
Registered
382 Posts
when you told him to check the fuel filter are you talking about the one in tank? Is that the only one on our cars, b/c I got one the other day and I am sure its not the one in tank. Maybe I got the wrong part or something.

Thanks,
Mitch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure there is only one fuel filter. Its on the driver's side of the engine down by the starter. It looks like a real bitch to get to. I can't wait...

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
mkii_supra_freak said:
when you told him to check the fuel filter are you talking about the one in tank? Is that the only one on our cars, b/c I got one the other day and I am sure its not the one in tank. Maybe I got the wrong part or something.

Thanks,
Mitch
read ------> http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2998

have a nice day :suicide:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
now now....be nice Zank :wink:

You keep doing this :suicide: and one of these guys is going to do this :nutkick: to you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts