Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You need a few different parts......

The answers you seek are contained in this very forum......

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
You need a few different parts......

The answers you seek are contained in this very forum......
Who are you and what have you done with Chris? You musta had a good day. I didnt-I had to go pick up my wife at the hospital-She broke her arm. /End thread jack. Begin Rant-Look, there are stickies at top of each section in the forum. They are packed with relevant answers. This section has a swap list and directions. Heres the links http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=12701 http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=54433Read, learn, and build your car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Who are you and what have you done with Chris? You musta had a good day.
I have noticed that my level of being an asshole has diminished greatly since I stopped being in the Military, wonder if there is a connection?

And I hope all is well with the wife, and since there are many of us on here that know her, she will be in our thoughts.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=54215&highlight=7mge+swap

If I can make a suggestion, get a entire running parts car to get your goods from. Buy a wrecked one if you can. If not, you'll have to search for all of the parts needed. You'll need:

7mge (That one is a gimme..)
7mge clutch package (or you can use 5m, might be weaker though)
7mge air flow meter
7mge coil and ignitor
7mge injector resister

You can reuse your:
5mge oil pump (get one new if you can afford)
5mge oil pump pick up tube
5mge oil pan
5mge motor mounts

Read the thread linked above to get the idea. It's not that bad really.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol i did search but i only found a swap stickie on a 7mgte and i know that the setup is different so it can handle the turno ill look harder next time bro .... anyways thanks for the info ....

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
I have noticed that my level of being an asshole has diminished greatly since I stopped being in the Military, wonder if there is a connection?

And I hope all is well with the wife, and since there are many of us on here that know her, she will be in our thoughts.
Thanx Chris. The break is at very top of arm bone, where it necks down to become the ball for the shoulder socket. Because she is already using a walker, shes pretty much homebound now. Basically, It means I will be home working on the Supra EVEN MORE, if you can believe that. My project list should dry up quick, LOL. To the O/P-I misunderstood you, so many people want to jump straight to turbo, the fanatic covered it..

·
Registered
657 Posts
why are you replacing it anyway? did the 5m blow? if not, if you just want some more power, mess with the distributor timing a bit you'll feel a huge difference in power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts