Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1984 Supra that I purchased in 1985. I'd like to upgrade to a 7MGTE engine. I'm looking for a 7MGTE, modified and "ready to drop." While I admire the "do it yourselfers" in this forum, the project is more than I can handle. The goal is to purchase the engine in early spring and have it in the car and running by May 2010. Please provide suggestions, price quotes (complete engine and harness), etc.

This site is fascinating!!! For all these years, I had no idea there were this many Supra enthusiasts out there.

A.O. San Antonio, TX

·
Registered
75 Posts
Get ready to get bashed...All I can say is all the info you need is here in this site. Check out the classified section in this site "FOR SALE." You should also check out Junkies Sticky on the whole swap. I suggest you whip out a pen and paper and start reading.

Good luck bro...you'll definately enjoy the outcome once you get it done. Plus there are some many more things you can do with the 7m then the 5m. It has alot more potential. I just finished mine and its great.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Now that is how you are suppose to post up something when you are new.

First of all, Welcome to the forum.

Second, No one should bash you as you didnt say I want to do a 7MGTE swap and I want to know what parts I need to do it. You are asking for a Complete engine with Wiring harness and you want to know the Price that you should be able to find one or if anyone has one built complete what would they be willing to sell it to you for..... Alot better than some of the Shit that you hear from a Newbie

Now there is a Huge range of Prices. Some range from $800 to $4000 depending on what you consider a Built engine (Stock Build or Highly Modified). You will need Shawns wiring harness, Tach Adapter, and a good clutch unless you are trying to use the R154 transmission which is another story and $$$$$, then someone to install it and make sure everything is running correctly.

Do the math on that since you said that you werent mechanically inclined of this swap and it does come up to a bit if $$$.

Tell up this.....
What do you have to spend and dont try and pull funds from space?
What type of HP numbers are you looking for since you said Modified?
Are you planning on someone local installing it of having one of us fly down and do it?

We can build you and engine no Problem, No what you want to spend is up to you.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Get ready to get bashed...All I can say is all the info you need is here in this site. Check out the classified section in this site "FOR SALE." You should also check out Junkies Sticky on the whole swap. I suggest you whip out a pen and paper and start reading.

Good luck bro...you'll definately enjoy the outcome once you get it done. Plus there are some many more things you can do with the 7m then the 5m. It has alot more potential. I just finished mine and its great.
why would he get bashed? he did say he wasnt mechanically inclined and would be getting the work done for him , not by him.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Very nice 1st post. Agree, no flmaing should be involved, you asked/admitted in proper form.

I'll PM you an option ...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Very nice 1st post. Agree, no flmaing should be involved, you asked/admitted in proper form.

I'll PM you an option ...
If you deal with this guy, he can set you up to the point that is pretty much will be drop in. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
ive done it pm on its way
we will meet up too
clinton

get in touch with smp7mgte
and get a harness from him and i can help you with the rest!

·
Registered
906 Posts
ive done it pm on its way
we will meet up too
clinton

get in touch with smp7mgte
and get a harness from him and i can help you with the rest!
Not even you got me all the correct plugs back, even with my harness from my stock of plugs, installed in your car ...... How can I count on you to make sure he get's the right stuff to me :D

And because of my available time, prices for "just" harness' have gone up, if I even build another.

I will, for the cost I've mentioned many tmes here, and via PM to him, build the car completely ... on my terms.

UI've built somehwere around 15 now ... the one in the gaage, has been my worst nightmare .... here's an engine + parts.... in 15 f'n boxes ... put the puzzle together. Never again :duh:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
:sadbanana:hey you!!!
calm down i havent been home yet!:ugh:
I told you a while back i had somthing to send you, and you will get it:thumbsup: :) :p
only reason i said that shawn is cause we are in the same back yard where as you are in a different county lol:duh:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I have a complete 7mgte with R154 and wiring harness. All assembled on the bench. Its not moddified but it is stock. Im driving through San Antonio just before thanksgiving. I can give you pics and deliver it with a deposit. You need to have a n engine hoist/cherry picker to get it outta my truck. If i have to bring mine it will cost extra. $1200 delivered with $500 deposit. You will notice the wiring harness ic cut but i have another one in a box that is uncut that i will include.

So yes, you get complete engine with electonics 3000 pipe to oil pan(7mgte) crank pulley to tail shaft of the R154 tranny.

If you want a W58 tranny I can give you that instead of the R154. That will be $1000 delivered with $500 deposit. I think this is a pretty good deal, just ask and shop around.

If youre interested let me know. I can send pics. I wont rip you off either. I have a good standing on here and Im trustworthy person.

LMK if youre interested. I know you said spring time but this is your chance for it to come to you.

If anyone else is interested an you want it shipped, You must help me arrange for shipping or if you are between Albuquerque and Houston TX and El Paso TX i can deliver it anywhere between during that time frame.

Jake

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have a complete 7mgte with R154 and wiring harness. All assembled on the bench. Its not moddified but it is stock. Im driving through San Antonio just before thanksgiving. I can give you pics and deliver it with a deposit. You need to have a n engine hoist/cherry picker to get it outta my truck. If i have to bring mine it will cost extra. $1200 delivered with $500 deposit.

So yes, you get complete engine with electonics 3000 pipe to oil pan(7mgte) crank pulley to tail shaft of the R154 tranny.

If you want a W58 tranny I can give you that instead of the R154. That will be $1000 delivered with $500 deposit.

If youre interested let me know. I can send pics. I wont rip you off either. I have a good standing on here and Im trustworthy person. i will put a pic on here in a few hours.

LMK if youre interested. I know you said spring time but this is your chance for it to come to you.

Jake
^^ That's a good price if you ask me. My brother sold me his 7mgte out of his mkIII for $1500. No trans, but some modifications (head studs, mhg, 57 trim turbo, few other things).

Good luck, if you're interested in a parts list Shawn's sticky in the 5m, 6m, 7m section will help alot! There's a couple other links i'll try to provide to give you some insight! I started my swap about a year ago and it's done wonders to my Supra knowledge!

Tony

Couple links.. I can't find all of them, I have them saved somewhere...
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=24326
http://andy.supras.org.nz/

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Is that a UPGRADED CT26 I spot in Jakes Photos. Looks to be a 57trim or a 60-1. Good for atleast 400hp.

Dam it Jake, Where do you keep getting these things from. Send your Hookups over this way so I can build another one.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
its a pretty fresh turbo. the guy i got it from just had it rebuilt. Its hard to say. it looks like a 57 trim but i didnt want to advertise it as that just in case it isnt. if this guy in this threas doesnt want this 7mgte then i will part out everything except the long block.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I know right..... Just cant get about that 250whp number. Must be something in the water around these parts. Even with that number, I cant get the 1J guys to run me....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts