Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im just wondering if a 7m oil pan will fit on a 5m using the 5m oil pump. or do I have to put the 7m oil pump on to get the pan to fit.

also, for the vancouver locals, does anyone know who SA HEADS is? its stamped on a 7m head that i have. thanks.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
cartman said:
hey, im just wondering if a 7m oil pan will fit on a 5m using the 5m oil pump. or do I have to put the 7m oil pump on to get the pan to fit.

also, for the vancouver locals, does anyone know who SA HEADS is? its stamped on a 7m head that i have. thanks.
7M oild pan has a center sump so it would not clear the 5M crossmember.. the 5M oil pan is a front sump..... woth pans will fir the M series blocks but the clearances for the sump is all different.

7M oil pan would not clear the 5M oil pump... and likewise the other way

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so can i put a 7m pump on a 5m, and put a 7m oilpan on a 5m. then there should be problems with the oilpan clearing the oilpump. The 5m will go into a mkIII supra so then this should work right?

What problems would I have to look out for when putting a 5m in a mkIII?

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
an overwhelming lack of power :mrgreen:

But seriously, I take it your talking about just the block, anything else would be huge work. To do it right you'd need to swap the 7m pistons, crank pully, oil pump and oil pan to the 5m block. You'll probably lose something like 10 or 15 hp over a stock 7mge.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
seamus, so your saying i will need to put the 7m pistons beczuse i will be using the 7m head right??? thats the plan anyways, because to get all that 5m EFI crap to work in a mkIII would be crazy.

yes I plan on just using the 5m block and put: 7m oil pump, 7m oil pan, 7m head, and 7m pistons in/on the 5m block.

one other question. will the mkIII accessories like AC, water pump, power steering pump and everything bolt up to a 5m block?

·
Registered
216 Posts
The ac and all will bolt onto the 5m block. You will just have to make a plan with the dipstick hole in the 5m block due to different location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.