Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started this swap. the engine is a late model cressida 5mge. stock ct26, 1984 wiring harness, stock ecu, FMU. Not running yet, just installed it today after pulling the original 22r/4 speed combo. Truck is an all original 1988 truck with 315,000 miles!!!! drove it to work today. started the swap after work. I have a microsquirt an a 52 pin header to put in when i have time to wire it up after the swap is running with stock stuff, and when i have time. Please enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like it fits pretty well in there, nicely done.
Very very tight fit. Had to take off the crankshaft pulley, Dent the brake booster and gonna have to deal with steering clearance. Few little things to work out, but it fits and it will run soon.
Everything's coming up Millhouse

·
Registered
2,070 Posts

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
If I may ask where did you get the 52 pin header?
DIY Autotune used to carry one, looks like they don't anymore though...

Looks like this RX-7 vendor is still carrying the torch though and has the connector itself: 1986-1988 RX-7 ECU Connector 52 Pin
As well as an adapter to MS2 though it appears mostly FC specific: RX-7 86-88 (S4) Factory Harness to Megasquirt MS2 Adapter - $125.00 : 13B Etc - Mazda RX-7 Parts And More

It might be worth messaging a seller or two on aliexpress and see if they have any leads. It is really tough to find things on there, but they sell tons of connectors: US $1.98 8% OFF|1Kit 1J0972977C 1719057 1 Automotive Connector ECU terminal for Instrument Dashboard Plug Connector Audi VW Seat Skoda TYCO AMP|terminal connectors automotive|terminal connectorterminal plug - AliExpress

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I may ask where did you get the 52 pin header?
Theres a few different sites that have them. I got mine from tuningtechnology.net
Make sure to call first because they are one of many small businesses affected by covid right now. Real nice guy, got it to me from Florida, all the way across the US, in just a couple days. It was $38 including shipping.

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
Cool! I'm actually working on my 03 Tacoma 2wd today, but the ol 2rz will do for my uses.

5m's are such great motors, even without the turbo they'd be great in a little 2wd pickup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This weekends progress.
I got the steering link bent around the oil pan. Removed many unneeded items from the engine bay. Rerouted the fuel lines, these will be changed again due to the fuel pump being too close to the exhaust. They are set up to get it running right now. Got the intercooler and the intake piping set up to get running. These will get replaced with better pipes after its running. Intercooler is from a saab and the battery tray has been cut out for airflow and to get rid of the rust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i sorted out some wiring today, nothing too exciting. Had to work on the house, installed a tub. I figured I'd post some before pics and a little background. The truck cost $300 bucks, it was rebuilt 4 years prior and they weren't smart enough to get it running after rebuild. I spent 1 hour on it and got it running. The 22r got me 27mpg going 40 miles a day commuting with a 4 speed. I got the 5mge and w58 for free from a buddy. I spent a few dollars to add the turbo and complete the harness and odds and ends.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts