Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I threw together a website of my Turbo conversion and though I would post a link for whoever is interested.

http://www.5mgte.com

I will be adding a little more detail over the next week or so as well as some more detailed pictures.

Thanx to everyone on this board who contributed info when I asked for help. A special thanx to Aaron from Rabidchimp.

Cheers!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great web site, and good luck with your turbo. Question are you still running cast pistons, did you install ARPs on the mains or rods, any work done to stock rods. I would run a remote oil filter and cooler, increase radiator capacity, run a 7mgte fan clutch and fan,run a 180 degree thermostat, upgrade ignition.Your going to make a lot more heat,how much boost.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hey CRF_Rider... I see you got some good help on the turbo project... I say "KUDOS" to the little bro at the pics on the website!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
82TURBOSUPRA:

I believe the pistons are still cast.
I will be running 8psi during daily driving and 10psi if I goto the drags. I will probably shim it to 10psi tomorrow on the dyno for one run also.
I did not use ARP main or connecting rod bolts. The connecting rods are stock.

I did notice alot more heat in the engine compartment that's for sure. I will definatly be looking at an oil cooler in the near future.

Water temp doesnt seem to be an issue yet. If I see the temp start to crawl up in hot weather (hard to find in portland usually) then I will look at increasing radiator flow.

I would like to get that carbon fiber hood with hood scoop that someone is making for our vehicles. That would sure help with the engine compartment.

Also after Aaron and I got the IC and piping installed Aaron said that he has an idea for a cold air intake. I will probably go that route in the future too.

I will be adding another page to my site for additional or future recomended upgrades so if anyone else has suggestions please chime in.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I love the website. Clean, simple, effective, easy to navigate through, and excellent content. Keep up the good work, my good man; you are being added to my links page (at www.toyotacressida.com, because MX73 5M-GE Cressidas need love too :))

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Sweet site.

Looks really good.

I would love to come and see the car soon.

Will

1 - 9 of 9 Posts