Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I threw together a website of my Turbo conversion and though I would post a link for whoever is interested.

http://www.5mgte.com

I will be adding a little more detail over the next week or so as well as some more detailed pictures.

Thanx to everyone on this board who contributed info when I asked for help. A special thanx to Aaron from Rabidchimp.

Cheers!

· Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
82TURBOSUPRA:

I believe the pistons are still cast.
I will be running 8psi during daily driving and 10psi if I goto the drags. I will probably shim it to 10psi tomorrow on the dyno for one run also.
I did not use ARP main or connecting rod bolts. The connecting rods are stock.

I did notice alot more heat in the engine compartment that's for sure. I will definatly be looking at an oil cooler in the near future.

Water temp doesnt seem to be an issue yet. If I see the temp start to crawl up in hot weather (hard to find in portland usually) then I will look at increasing radiator flow.

I would like to get that carbon fiber hood with hood scoop that someone is making for our vehicles. That would sure help with the engine compartment.

Also after Aaron and I got the IC and piping installed Aaron said that he has an idea for a cold air intake. I will probably go that route in the future too.

I will be adding another page to my site for additional or future recomended upgrades so if anyone else has suggestions please chime in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.