Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i know this isnt a kill butta this kid has been buggin me about racing my soon to be 5mgte against his eclipse gsx. now i wanted to know who u guys think would win. oh yeh one other thing i drive stick better then he does when it comes down to racing. how about a 6mgte against it?

charlie

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
you got to watch out for those GSX's they are quick off the go.
AWD Trubo four bannger :shock:

·
Registered
178 Posts
His GSX vs your 5m-gte?
If he hasn't done anything with his car you'll win.
The guys around here who have done turbo conversions are doing what.. like high 13's to low 14's on stock boost? not 100% on that so don't quote me.
Stock the turbo eclipses do a 14.9-15.2 1/4 mile.

5m-ge he'll take you by a fairy good margin even if he doesn't know how to drive all that great and you do, unless he's REALLY bad, lol. Otherwise he'd take you by a good 7 cars at least.
6m-gte he'd lose.

6m-ge he'd still win unless he was up against a really good driver and he didn't drive very good, and at that it would be closer but I'd put my money on the GSX.

And like zankone said off the start they're fast. AWD really hooks up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
re:

I'm guessing a strong 6M-GE vs. a GST or GSX Eclipse would be a close race. My opinion is that the vehicles are pretty well even, so it would be up to the driver to make the difference. 5M-GTE/6M-GTE vs. GST or GSX, no contest there :)

Sonny

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have a friend with a turbo gsx and I have a stock 5mge. I assure you, it is no contest :) I saw all taillights...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Okay I have a couple of friends who is on to DSM... I let you assured they are suprisingly quick if built right... the GSX is mean off the line but a 5MGTE should take it if the GSX is just mildy moded....

we have raced a fully built 1g gsx running 20psi boost and we beat the hell out of that one with my friends H23 Turbo prelude about 5 car lenghts just running 14 psi

I have raced a 1G GSX with my 6MGTE on 6psi and left his ass at 1/8 mile of the 1/4 mile and he got more bolt on parts on his car....

Its all in the driver and how the car is tuned up right and built right

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
A good friend of mine here in Quantico has a GSX and I've raced him once or twice.. I will say only this... After the hole shot (which put a car length and a half on me), he couldn't get away from me, and I am a tired 5M-GE. The ONLY time AWD helps is in the first 60' of a race..after that, its just added weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts