what piston rings do you guys run
what kinda cams do you run
pistons

and can i cut up my pace setterheader and make a turbo header

i what to have a 11s or 10s motor

·
Registered
970 Posts
Use the search function. There are soooo many resources available through this website.

Also, congrats on improving your spelling. You still need to work a little bit on expressing your train of thought, but I could actually understand what it was that you wanted to waste my time thinking about.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
ok i am doing a 3.0 5mgte
what piston rings do you guys run
what kinda cams do you run
pistons

and can i cut up my pace setterheader and make a turbo header

i what to have a 11s or 10s motor

I need whatever you are drinking for the weekend.
10s or 11s on a 5MGTE with a stock turbo. Pacesetter isnt going to do anything from you. For the amount of Boost you need to be Pushing to get into the 10s you had better be using one tough 5M.

Do some research. I only know 1 person that has made it into the 9s and 10s but I think that was a 6M with ALOT of Mods.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I wont even bother helping or posting really...and I dont think many others should either. Call me a dick, but with your past post record, and lack of searching if you wont help yourself why should we help you??

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok im going with tolal seal piston ringrelly i just what to know what kinda parts
you used when you did you motors and what dos it make it the 6mgte
i mean come on for the love of god stop the killing my post

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
3.0 isn't even a 5M anymore :p
My block is still stamped 5M, but it is 3.1L, just another way for me to confuse people.:zzzzz:

what dos it make it the 6mgte
i mean come on for the love of god stop the killing my post
5M turns into a 6M when you add 6/7M rods and crank, yet again something that is easy to find information on here, hence why your thread keeps getting dumped on.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Is there anything in one place on RussM's setup and major mods over fifteen years ago? He spent more on that engine than the car cost new, and he got the most out of a 5M that I remember. I know the car went to Texas a couple of times, and to at least one early SILV (trailered of course, track car not street car). It's been too many years for me to remember the details (is the video of the Texas crash still around?)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
RussM's car also had a GM TH350 or 400 automatic in it, to handle that kind of power and shift that quick, and to keep the turbo loaded/spooled. That's going to require major work as well. Then you'll have to worry about the rear end breaking, and brakes, and suspension...

·
POTATO
17,324 Posts
My block is still stamped 5M, but it is 3.1L, just another way for me to confuse people.:zzzzz:
It's still a 6M, even with with the 5M stamp, you're just an ass :sarcasm:

RussM's car also had a GM TH350 or 400 automatic in it, to handle that kind of power and shift that quick, and to keep the turbo loaded/spooled. That's going to require major work as well. Then you'll have to worry about the rear end breaking, and brakes, and suspension...
IIRC he also had a Ford 9" rear end at the end as 600+hp exploded stock diffs quite easily LOL

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
It's still a 6M, even with with the 5M stamp, you're just an ass :sarcasm:
Why, yes I am, that is why I fit in here so well.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
So would everyone else-let us know... Hows your twin turbo running?

·
Registered
253 Posts
ok ok i got it.

suprade, here is what you do:
1. just leave your 3.0L 5m stock. cause it's a great engine. almost like a 2jz!
2. just get a 7mgte manifold, and a ct26, turn the boost up all the way with the secret little knob underneath the glovebox.
3. LOOSEN your headgasket, to get that extra displacement, that will for sure make a 3.1L.
4. go to the track, and let her rip.

directions to promised 10 second numbers.......

:sarcasm:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts