Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
8,745 Posts
171.3 rwhp with a weak 162 lb-ft for me with the Gude cams installed. Car is much more powerful with the stock cams now, but I've never redynoed yet. 165rwhp on a 6M is really strong if you've done no mods to the motor. However, its pretty common # for one with the basic stuff done (air filter, exhaust, etc.)

· Administrator
8,745 Posts
6Ms definetly make more power and torque than a 5M does. However, I do feel that they absolutely do not make 190 crank hp when installed in a US spec car, like everyone makes an assumption of. Making 18% more power (190 vs 161) with only ~7% (2.8 vs 3.0) more displacement doesn't seem right, especially on so similar of a motor. Given that in Japan a 5M in Japan is 175 hp a 6M would make 8% more power than a JDM 5M. I would say a 6M completely stock would be a 175 hp, 180 tops. These #s would agree with the low 150 rwhp #s on relatively stock 6Ms with a few miles on them.

Don't get me wrong though a 6M is still a nice upgrade especially if you want to stay NA and/or don't won't any installation difficulties. Just don't repeat my mistake and think a NA 6M is going to make the car any more than a resonably quick car.

Aaron <------Future turbo convert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.