Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
Not to throw a monkey wrench in this whole 6M thing but a few years back, I was looking at a local 6M in a car,,,, The whole issue came up on the newsgroup. Tom D replied that the 6M has the same HP as the 5M just the rpm range for the torque is different. He swore up and down that their was no significant difference between the two engines, and I give Tom D the benefit of the doubt,,, he is seldom wrong,,, if ever.

He actually sent me a scan of a chart showing the torque on one scale and the RPM on the other for the two engines. Any one have that chart by chance ???? this is going back about 3-4 years,,,,,

Everyone I met that has transpalnted the 6M swears their is a big difference in throttle response and HP.

that's why I'm looking at buying Marc's 6m.

Can anyone shed some light on this???

Rock/

· Registered
338 Posts
Dean,,,

Here's the million dollar question,,,

considering the condition of my car, and the work recently done to my engine,,,

( my compression in all 6 cylinders is between 150-155 )

Is it worth it for me to drop Mark's 6M in my car ????

Will I notice any difference in overall pull when I drop the pedal ???

With putting in the 6m I will also perform teh basic mods,,,, header exaust,, afm and such,,,,

As much as I like the idea of extrra hp, everything comes down to value for the $$$$

Any other opinions out there ???

Rock/

· Registered
338 Posts
I appreciate all your insight on this,,,, very valuable considering the knowledge behind the 6m and everyone who know's Marc's car,,,,,

My intentions are to proceed with Marc's 6m in due time when he is done his swap,,, assuming Marc's does not intent to sell to anyone else,,,

I just like to know all the facts before making any relevant decision,,that way I can't say I wasn't informed,,,,,

Looking forward to the next time I can make it to Toronto,,, maybe Marc'll take me for a spin to put my mind to rest,,,

Rock/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.