Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Do you have a picture of the 5mgte? As for the 6 speed, wait......shit you spelt everything right for the 1st time....holy crap. Anyways, you probably can but it wouldn't be worth it. just go for a different rear end gear ratio.... 6speed would probably be a 2jzgte getrag or whateverr they are called but that would be a lot of expense custom work, tranny tunnel I assume, bellhousing...etc.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Good job on your attention to spelling!
Notice how you get respectful answers to your question.
Kudos!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts

·
POTATO
17,324 Posts
LOL that's probably Junkie... laughing his ass off at you, Jamie. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
It's easy all you need is duct-tape, super-glue and a getrag 6-speed.

It's real easy to do. :)
Forgot the paperclip, Richard.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
can any 6 speed tranny be put in a 84 supra 5mgte
Why are you looking for one? All it is going to do for you is make you shift more, it will not give you a higher top speed.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
you wont be able to "hang" with the cobra
I can but you sir, cannot!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
If he is pulling on you in the top speed, a 6 speed will not help you. But a 6 speed with a lower number ratio diff will help.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
6 Speed will not help you then. A 6 speed does not give you a higher top speed, it just lets you get to your top speed quicker.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
170 to 180 in your Supra? You need a lot more than a lower numeric gear. Like double your current horse. :eekfacepalm:

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
With 400 Horse, you get 155-160mph(seen it, BTDT, gps verified, NOT my car)in a MKII Supra. Are you going that fast? :zzzzz:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts