Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running 60' in under 2 seconds with a full weight MK2 (manual) without a 2 step?

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I did once but havent had the time to get out there and try it again since moving up to the PNW. Had good traction that day. I have a Rush Antilag Box sitting in the Garage that I have Yet to Install. Left lane against a Mustang. Never looked at this but my reaction time Sucked on that Pass. I need to work on that.

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Is anyone running 60' in under 2 seconds with a full weight MK2 (manual) without a 2 step?
Yes, there's plenty of us. Have cut 3 1.8's. What are you looking for in this thread?

Robert, your 1/8 mile trap is faster than some Mk2 turbos trapping the 1/4 mile!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Funny you say that.

I was up in ABQ New Mexico with my Friend Jake out at there track. First time out and I didnt do a Burnout or anything. Track was Pretty wet. I launched, Spun tires in first, second and third and ran a 1/4 mile trap of over 100mph. Only bad thing about Spinning in all the gears is that it was a 17 Second pass.

Jake said that there was a Guy that said Holy Shit, 17 Seconds and he still did over 100mph. We laughed pretty good.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, there's plenty of us. Have cut 3 1.8's. What are you looking for in this thread?

Robert, your 1/8 mile trap is faster than some Mk2 turbos trapping the 1/4 mile!
Just trying to find out what I should be running. My best is a 12.51 with a 2.127 60' on 14" drag radials with a short burnout. I spun some off the line, so I'm just trying to see how much room there is for improvement. I hear of people with 2 steps running 1.6 60's, which is a half second faster than my best, meaning I could possibly break into the 11's if that were possible. I am also looking at sizing up the competition. I had a .1xx reaction time with that run and have also had a .07X reaction time. If I could run 1.8 60' times with a .1XX reaction time I could cut a good bit of time off the competition (even though I am not racing competitively).

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Well, a 2step won't help much when DR's aren't heated up. I've learned the hard way that DRs need a big long smoky burn out. My car isn't setup w/ a line lock and the rear walks. What I'm doing next summer will be attempting long burn outs with a 2-step-like reving at the tree. I did that last summer when the 1.8 60' was finally made even while spinning w/ only 15psi.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Hell, I couldnt remember. All I know is that the guy that I was running that 1/4 wanted to run again. Did the following run and I didnt give it all and totally Distroyed the guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts