Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15,062 Posts
well, ill be doing this soon, but im going high compression n/a. what you want to do is use the lower 7m timing covers. they are the same as 6m. you will use the 7m crank pulley. the ribbed belt will go around the water pump, alt, and crank. then the power steering belt will go from the water pump to the power steering pump. it will require a pretty short belt. use all the 7m timing gears and a 7m timing belt. btw, those 8.8:1 compression 5m pistons will make that motor 9.2:1 compression as the pistons move up higher in the bore with the 7m crank and rods. the alt braket should bolt to the 7m block and you will use the front motor mount holes in the block. if there is anything else you need to know feel free to email me.
william
[email protected]

· Registered
15,062 Posts
really, i was led to beleive that the 6m's had the early 5m pistons that were flat top and still had the compression of the later domed style? and i recall the 6m water pump being the same as a 7m also.
william

· Registered
15,062 Posts
im pretty sure eric had to buy a 7m water pump for his 6m awhile back. ill try to call him tommarow and ask if he doesnt chime in first.
william

· Registered
15,062 Posts
The 8.8:1 pistons from a 5M yield 9.2:1 compression in a 6M. You are compessing more displacement into the same space at TDC,... = 9.2:1
Ihth,
Jamie
yeah, we had already figured out i was right. he was thinking a 5m crank in 7m block. :p
william

· Registered
15,062 Posts
you need that keyway. its absolutely neccesary. otherwise the pulley wont line up right and you wont be able to set the timing belt right.
william

· Registered
15,062 Posts
i dont know about bolt up but ive seen the setup on a mkiii which has the same width core aparently. shouldnt be hard to mount the fans. i think i might try that soon.
william

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.