Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on building a 6mge out of my 5mge. So what i need to do is get a 7m crank. What i need to know is:

1) I use the 7m rods correct?

2) What pistons do I use? 5m or 7m pistons? or do i need 6m pistons?

3) whats the difference between 5m and 6m pistons? and is the wrist pin in a different location?

· Premium Member
10,234 Posts
theres been a fair bit of discussion on this, do a few searchs and see what you can find as I may have forget a few important things. BUT, the best way to do this imo, is just use a 7m block with 5m pistons. As far as I can remember (this is why you should still do the search), the only tricky part is you have to have a 5m crank pully machined to fit the 7m crank. Which you'd have to do anyways if you did it the way your suggesting, excpet you'd also have to have the 5m block machined to fit the 7m crank, which is why you just use the 7m block (with 5m oil pan, oil pump and crank pully).

· Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, i had no clue that the 5m block had to be machined to put the 7m crank in. i thought it was just a drop in kinda thing. so what needs to be machined?

· Registered
962 Posts
cartman said:
oh, i had no clue that the 5m block had to be machined to put the 7m crank in. i thought it was just a drop in kinda thing. so what needs to be machined?
You have to clearance the block for the longer stroke of the 3.0L crank... I have built a 5M/7MGTE engine utilizing 5M head and 7MGTE block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.