Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 6mge have the 8.8 compression or the 9.2 compression pistons. And also has anyone heard anything about the piston conversion kit that toysport has claiming that, the 5mge can produce 230 hp and the 6mge can produce 250 without any further mods. I would imagine that with intake/exhaust/headers/injectors...blah blah blah...it could put out "run over bone stock turbo conversion numbers" and still be n/a.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
6Ms are 9.2:1 CR. They use the early 5M 8.8:1 pistons (increase comes from increased displacement). Its going to take a lot more than that to get 250 hp out of a NA 6M.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check out the toysport website. www.toysport.com go to tech info under where it says engine mods go to 5mge/6mge read that article. check their claims. thats why i was asking if anyone knew about them

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
With the displacement increased to 2.9 or 3.1 liters and the cylinder head reworked on a 6MGE, those horsepower figures sound pretty realistic to me. Stock is 190 HP, and that's without aftermarket parts like intake and exhaust, so it really shouldn't take much more than a simple displacement increase combined with a opened up cylinder head to achieve those power figures. The 6MGE is a big breather in comparison to the 5MGE due to it's longer stroke and faster piston speed so a 60HP increase from stock shouldn't be too difficult to achieve. Just bore the block, open up the head, and let it breathe. :D

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Iiiiiiieeee and my resurrected zombie armyyyyyyyyy...... now attack Kam-supramania-chatka with 10....(attempt at obscure RISK reference)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Iiiiiiieeee and my resurrected zombie armyyyyyyyyy...... now attack Kam-supramania-chatka with 10....(attempt at obscure RISK reference)
I thought you were making a reference to Army of darkness.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts