Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all. Iam wondering if you can use the 5m oil pump and pan with a 6m could I then use a 6m oil pump and pan on a 5m. For my 5mgte swap into my MGB a mid or rear sump oil pickup would be much better.

Is the oil pan for a 6m have just a sump in the middle and the front and rear both come back up? Like look at a 5m oil pan from the side. Then just move the sump in the middle. Does the front come back up like the rear? If this is the truth I think this would be much easier to use on my swap.

Also if it works I have a brand new 5m oil pump and a used pan that I would be willing to trade for a 6m oil pump and pan for you guys doing the 6m swap into the MKII.

Also would some one have a picture of a 6m pan?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Phil Dupler has pics of the center sump still in the 6M motor when he was building khis silver MK2

Jay

·
Super Moderator
8,392 Posts
If you want a mid sump pan and pump you should try a 7M one from a Mk3. They should be much easier to find in good shape vs the 6M ones. My 6M pan was flattened on the bottom from shipping. If you are curious I have a good pic of the 5 and 6M pans next to each other. Let me know and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SilverMK2 if you have some pics that would be great. Also if I go with a 7m pan and pump is it just a bolt in or do I need to do something else to get it to work. You can send them to me at [email protected].

Also does anyone have a pan and pump to sell.

Thanks for all the help everyone. This forum is a great place to research things.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
7M pump is a direct bolt-on to the 5M/6M motor... no modification required

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
3000cc MK2 said:
7M pump is a direct bolt-on to the 5M/6M motor... no modification required
Actually,you must make sure you get the metal tube,pump to block also.Then it's a direct fit.Probably have the whole set-up at Nix 99,have to look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts