Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have asked many questions about the vaccum routes in the past, and yet as soon as i get one problem fixed another one comes up. i am having issues with really bad hesitation and i believe i have narrowed it down to my TPS plug, but just to be on the safe side does any one have an actual 6m vaccum diagram?

I see layouts/pix of the vaccum routes on the 5mge everywhere but am having problems locating a full layout of the 6m vaccum mess.

http://www.sfmodelaclub.org/user/1982 Emissions Repair Manual 5M-GE.pdf

i am looking for something similar to what you see in the above address but obviously for the 6m as you know it is missing a entire vaccum tree.

thanx in advance yall.....

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Do you have the 5M upper plemun (has EGR), or 6M upper lenum (no EGR and "3000" on the top)? Past that, the hoses should hook up the same depending if you have the EGR or not, but I could be way off since the only vac lines I am running is the one for the FPR and the Brake Booster.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i do not have the egr on there. and if you are only using the fpr and the brakebooster what did you do with all the other lines?... just plugged them up? what about the dashpot? does your engine idle correctly no misfires?

i take it you don't have any pix at the moment... correct?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
no i do not have the egr on there. and if you are only using the fpr and the brakebooster what did you do with all the other lines?... just plugged them up? what about the dashpot? does your engine idle correctly no misfires?

i take it you don't have any pix at the moment... correct?
The top 3 lines on the TB are cut down and soldered over. The others are either removed, or plugged off. What would vac have to do with the dashpot? There are no vac lines going to it. And besides the slightly lumpy idle, the Celipra idles fine.

The only pic I have so far of the TB, is this one (it is the one on the left):

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
isn't the dashpot on a vaccum pull located on the vaccum tree under the fuel injector?
and what about the heater vaccum?
and why do you have a lumpy idle? are you talking about where it sounds as if it is misfiring? i am having that problem as well and i want to get the idle to be constant. the only way i have figured out how to solve that problem is to set the idle to about 2100rpm and of course that fixes one problem but gives you another

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
isn't the dashpot on a vaccum pull located on the vaccum tree under the fuel injector?
and what about the heater vaccum?
and why do you have a lumpy idle? are you talking about where it sounds as if it is misfiring? i am having that problem as well and i want to get the idle to be constant. the only way i have figured out how to solve that problem is to set the idle to about 2100rpm and of course that fixes one problem but gives you another
No, the dashpot is the gold thing is on the side of the TB under the throttle linkage, it keeps the throttle from shutting too fast.

With what I am running under the hood, it should be a little lumpy.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well see like i said that i am having bad hesitation problems and i really believe that it is my tps plug but i just want to make sure it has nothing to do with the vaccum lines.
so pretty much i can get rid of all the vaccum mess besides the booster fpr and bsv (atleast during the winter, so i have heat)??

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well here is another ? for you (off the subject) i attempted to put in 250cc injectors and it was drowning my system with fuel is there any way from stopping that or do i have to get a rrfpr to get it to regulate correctly or is it possible to just use the stock fpr?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I also forgot to say that the Celica's did not come with all the vac controlled heater stuff (well some '85s did), so I did not have to worry about that.

And if you have a stock engine, 250cc injectors will be too much for the engine. But my 6M build is no where close to stock.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah the 6m is stock for the most part besides the head i am about to install so regardless i am going to have to obtain a rrfpr to make those injectors work hunh? i am about to install a turbo on there so i suppose i will have to have the rrfpr any how.

alright well thanx i guess it is time to search for a new 4 wire TPS plug!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts