Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6M 85 Supra as the title says, with 6-2-1 headers, straight pipe, performance muffler and K&N Air filter. My friend has a 91 dual overhead cam Nissan 240sx with an cold air intake and a midpipe (No catback). He also claims to have stage-2 cams but I dont know if that's actually true.

Who will pull on who? Just curious I don't really plan on racing him. Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm with black 83 just race him. If it's your friend who really cares who wins, unless you are talking alot of shit on his car. It will just be more motivation to make your car faster if you lose anyway. Remember, it dosent matter if 500 people here think your car is going to be faster, it matters if it is faster, you won't know untill you try. Take it it the local track with him and see what happends, If you are planning on doing any mods to your car it is always wise to have a base to start out with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just race for fun who cares who wins haha

·
Registered
147 Posts
Supra should pull right out of the gate and never look back..... driver still has something to do with it. Even a stock supra should pull on a 240....

Scott

·
Registered
839 Posts
Even a stock supra should pull on a 240....
I'd be EXTREMELY impressed if my supra did. I highly doubt mine would stand a chance. But then again, my car has a fair share of issues...............and it's an automatic. :32:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'd be EXTREMELY impressed if my supra did. I highly doubt mine would stand a chance. But then again, my car has a fair share of issues...............and it's an automatic. :32:
My 83 with 175k miles, stock 5mge, bigger air intake, air filter, gutted cat, advanced timming, auto trans. I lost to my friends ragged to shit ka20 with over 200k miles. He had full exhaust, air intake, air filter, throttle body spacer, I have no clue what else. prolly nothing. But he smoked me badly from 0-60, he also has a standard and dumped the clutch on take off. I was very pissed at first that this old beat to shit, 240sx that has a valve tap and leaks oil EVERY fucking where, beat me. But I got over it...and later that month after he kept beating on the car, it now has a rod knock.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My 83 with 175k miles, stock 5mge, bigger air intake, air filter, gutted cat, advanced timming, auto trans. I lost to my friends ragged to shit ka20 with over 200k miles. He had full exhaust, air intake, air filter, throttle body spacer, I have no clue what else. prolly nothing. But he smoked me badly from 0-60, he also has a standard and dumped the clutch on take off. I was very pissed at first that this old beat to shit, 240sx that has a valve tap and leaks oil EVERY fucking where, beat me. But I got over it...and later that month after he kept beating on the car, it now has a rod knock.
You mean ka24de.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts