Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Carlos Brown said:
Gentlemen,
"Why would we expect a 6M to not pass emissions?" I understand that it does not come equipped with an EGR system, but do we really expect that the EGR system makes that big a difference?
Carlos
In CA they do a visual, some inspection stations do a better job than others, if you fail visual it doesnt matter what the sniffer picks up

Carlos Brown said:
I tell you why I ask! The gas that is recirculated by the EGR system is a small amount of gas which passes from the #6 cylinder exhaust runner. The passage is about 1/2" in diameter and is positioned perpendicular to the flow. Also, the EGR system is only operable under certain conditions. Based on the fact that it only involves one cylinder, it is not exposed to more than 17% of the engine emissions. And of this 17% it will only recirculate a small amount...
Carlos
My 4runner failed the sniffer with a shot out EGR vac modulator, replaced the modulator and it passed.... so it's gotta be doing something

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.