Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,708 Posts
pdupler said:
Texas last year adopted the California style rules on emissions - specifically the ASM (Acceleration Simulation Mode) test for 1995 and older model cars. I am happy to report that my 6m-gte (including turbo) passed. Unlike California, they are not required do a visual here so my modifications were not scrutinized. A number of members have reported passing California emissions with otherwise stock appearance 6m motors. So long as you transfer all of the original EGR equipment to the 6m, and it is well tuned, I would think you should have no trouble.

Phil D.
:stupid:

Sounds like Washington State has the same emissions testing as TX and I pass just fine. They did open the hood because my cig lighter wasn't working at the time, but they didn't look at it. My personal belief is that the engine will pass but its the visual part you will have to modify by using 5m stuff.

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Just put the 6mge in and don't change anything over. you will have to change the oil pan and oil pick up. also change out the fuel filter. its easy to get at with the engine removed.

oh and the throttle body will need to be changed to the 5m just plug the three ports that face towards the intake manifold

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.