Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a complete 6MGE on ebay for $735.00 US. I've been keeping my eye on this engine and the auction just ended about two nights ago. The opening bid was set at $735.00 with a "buy it now" option of the same price. The auction ended with no bids and the engine is back up for sale at the same price. Supposedly the engine only has 40,000 miles on it, but it looks a little rough in the picture. Maybe the price will come down some if they keep getting 0 bids. Just thought I'd let everyone know about this.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yeah I have been watching it too. This place has been re-listing the engine over and over for at least 2 months or so. Seems like no-one is bidding, maybe shipping would be a lot. I know you can get 6m's for less, and I think the auction says something like "Most of our engine have about 40,000 miles on them". I am not too sure I would believe that seeing as the 6M has not been used in a new vehicle in a long long time. It would be cool if they drop the price.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Prolly just a japanese engine importer. The 30k mile thing is an urban myth started by japanese engine importers. There is no such law in japan that thier engines be replaced at 30k or 40k or whatever they advertise, only that they have inspections and if thier car is in a certain shape it is then junked/sold/whatever they do with them. Most say they have 30k miles on them but that's complete BS. True that japanese cars are usually low in mileage as it's expensive there but japanese engines can have upwards of 200k on them even, as long as thier car is in good shape they can pass inspections for a long while. Just depends on the car they came out of and owner.

As for that engine I'd just get one from the closest shop that can get them, if I did get one online there are more reputable shops that sell them for that much and less. Buying one online then paying for shipping would cost more than finding one locally or nearby I'd think, plus you wouldn't be quite sure what to expect

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
ahh 2 hr drive to pick up that engine 8) but if i wasnt in the middle of the 5m project :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts