Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal
i pull my car into the shop monday to get a 6m put in and i was wandering if someone could explain to me what all is involved in keeping the 6m intake plenum

i think i recall something about the throttle body having to be swapped due to throttle linkage or something

could someone please help me out here cuz i would realy like to keep the 6m plenum
thanx

·
Registered
272 Posts
You'll probably need to swap your current TB out for the 6M's. This way the TPS and throttle linkages will all still fit. As for vacuum routing, the majority of the hoses are there because of the EGR. Lose the EGR, and you also lose a ton of hoses. I have every vacuum port on my TB capped off. The snake's nest of metal lines that runs along the plenum/manifold split can be left off.

I have a few pics of my setup if you'd like to see em... shoot me an email...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
mwebber said:
I'd like to see them.

Mike
hey Mike... this is Jay

I know you saw my engine bay... and that is a whole 6M engine w/ TB and intake plenum...

·
3,283 Posts
3000cc MK2 said:
mwebber said:
I'd like to see them.

Mike
hey Mike... this is Jay

I know you saw my engine bay... and that is a whole 6M engine w/ TB and intake plenum...
cool, unfortunately I wasn't looking hose routing and caps... (I know, shame on me) :mrgreen:

I might be out that way next month, if all goes as planned I'll drop you a email and we get together.

Mike

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
cool just drop me an e-mail and I will also show you our white 84 turbo.... and also the new engine I am building for my friends car.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
id like to see the pics too, dropped you an email :)

im trying to figure out if pulling the EGR is a good idea on the 5M im about to drop into the car.

got a bunch of mitchell manuals for 7 bucks a piece, so with them, and what info i can dig up online, i think ill try removing the EGR and see how it goes.

id sure as hell love to clean up that engine bay some.... too many hoses for my liking.

·
3,283 Posts
3000cc MK2 said:
cool just drop me an e-mail and I will also show you our white 84 turbo.... and also the new engine I am building for my friends car.
cool, be careful what you show me, I may drive it home. :mrgreen:

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts