Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to mock up new lines and destroy my polished valve covers by welding AN fittings on to them for a new PCV setup. People who have welded a bung onto the passenger valve cover (that's you Donnie ;) ), what did you do for interior baffling so oil is launched off the cam dirrectly into the new port? Is it not something to worry about? I have this in mind:

Let me know, and thanks. -Mike

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Billy. I think I looked at that option once before, but the overal shape of the driver's for some reason is not ideal for the passenger in that area. It was a while ago though, and I might have been drinking....

The only real idea is to stop oil from being dirrectly introduced to the hole, correct? I will have to look at my spare covers next time I go home.

-Mike

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there any advantage to having both lines run to a y connection, then to the catch can as I drew above? Or can I just put a t-fitting on the passenger side, and run the driver's line to one side of the tee, then a line to the catch can on the opposing side of the tee? (I think Donnie did this on his old setup)
I want to order the needed connections, but damn if the y connectors don't look wonky, where the T setup would be much more presentable...

-Mike

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
In a system where all diameters of tubing and connectors are the same, the tee would be your most restrictive point. ...but to be honest, it really doesn't matter too much. When boosting you have a substantially higher vacuum on the intake side and pressure on the crankcase side. It'll flow, don't worry.

--billyM

·
Super Moderator
10,593 Posts
Why not disassemble a spare driver's side cover and steal it's baffles?

...just an idea.
--billyM
Yeah I was thinking of that too when I built my 6m. So I sacrificed a set of valve covers to see what these things look like inside...

Its just a maze of passages for the air flow that keeps the oil from flowing out the fitting. The maze is in the bottom piece, but it would take alot of machining of the valve cover to make it mate properly so everything seals properly.

I ended up just replacing the stock fitting on the DS one with a larger fitting and drilling out the hole a little as it seemed the stock fitting was biggest bottleneck on that side. There's still nothing on the PS though. There are passages in the head between the two sides but they're probably filled with oil most of the time when the engine is running.

The other problem was to keep the interior vent on the bottom like it needs to be if the interior part was used on the PS, you would have to have the exit fitting towards the back of the valve cover. Theres also a shield on the inside of that inner piece that can interfere with the cams when its used on that side. Basically it seemed like it was more work then it was worth so I abandoned the idea.

·
Registered
657 Posts
this is how i did mine,
i also cut a few more passages for air to flow underneath, plenty of room for airflow,, tho, if your rings are good, shouldn't be alot of air coming thru anyway

1 - 10 of 10 Posts