Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished undergoing a 6mgte project in my supra. this is wut has happened so far: Fully prep (such as gaskets filters ect.) and droped in fresh J-spec 6MGE w/ only 25k on it. ran it for 100 miles did tunning, and then ran for another 450 miles, and then put on CT-26
TURBO, HKS metal head gasket, front mount IC, MSD fuel pump, bigger radiator w/ electric fan, and a few other mods.
But the problem im having is.......... when im shifting under boost, smoke comes out of my exhg........ WHY ? the first ct-26 i put on had a bad oil seal and was smoking from the turbo, so i pulled that one and put on a new on,e and now the new one is smoking between shift while inder boost. When iam driveing and not boosting it does not smoke, it is only when iam boosting. My first thought was maybe it has somthing to do w/ my fuel management? The only feul upgrade i have is the msd fuel pump (still waiting on rrfpr to come in the mail). But after talking to a friend w/ an EVO he said he had the same problem and after he put an oil catch can on his mtr it went away.

have any of you had this problem :?: :?: :?:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK :?: :?: :?:
ANY AND ALL INPUT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :? :) :eek: :lol: :wink: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks in advance-

·
Registered
870 Posts
hmm, I wish I could help but I'm not familiar with 5/6mgte. Perhaps it has something to do with how you have pcv system set up (oil getting into intake system). Maybe you should explain your setup and others may figure out the problem.

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
sounds like your pcv isnt routed right. the hose coming out of the valve cover going to the tb, take it off. cap the port on the tb and put a breather on the port on the valve cover. that should help. if not id say bad turbo.
william

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the addvice im going to try that w/ the TB hopfully it works.
there is a very slim chance that the turbo has a bad oil seal cause the turbo is brand new. the first turbo i had on there had a bad seal and that is why i didnt bother rebuilding it (which i could have) and bought a new one.
I looked all around the turbo and did not see any oil leaks..........
Im thinking that it might be a crankcase pressure problem. Unless you guys have any other ideas on what is going on w/ my car? How do i go about fixing that besides plugging up the fitting on the throttel body and putting a breather on the end of that line?

thanks for all the help :!: :!: :!: :wink:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
you can either put a breather on the port on the valve caps or route a line from there to a catch can than route it back to the accordian hose to remain legal.

charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts