Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the hating begin.

Here is the project. 1uz-fe with aftermarket exhaust, 2000 metal headgaskets, ARP studs and an otherwise stock motor. 175 shot direct port. Built auto trans with an insanely big cooler and massively shimmed accumulators. Also running a restalled 3500 rpm convertor. The car will roll on slicks and skinnies, probably with some cheap wheels. I'm not cutting up the chassis at all.

The car was free btw....

Anyway, on to current progress. I'm hoping to have this thing done by spring.

I very well may die in this car. LOL. This is what happens when owning a pump gas 590 whp mkIV gets boring.

I've also got a few parts up for sale. Original working radio with fader knob, original cassette player, MINT condition climate control panel with MINT face and cables. A good working clutch master cylinder, and a good bit more stuff. I also have a LOT of NICE condition black interior panels I'll part with.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
cool project. you aint lying about possibly killing yourself in that thing!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
That is sweet!!!

More pics as it progresses!

BTW - I'm interested in the stock 79 radio - any pics?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll get some pics. my camera is dead, so they will be about like above. The blackberry takes decent pics though.

If anyone wants braided stainless brake hoses for the MK1, AE86 ones fit just fine.

·
Registered
357 Posts
what are you doing for the rear diff? the stocker may be a little weak...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trutrac.....

Stock ring and pinion. I have heard the ring and pinion are ok up until around 500-550 whp...

That may not be factoring in the nitrous assisted torque though. We'll see...

·
Registered
348 Posts
No way could any of us hate on this build!!!

Way too cool, bro!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Looking good so far. I'm guessing you didn't want to hammer out the tranny tunnel so you just mounted the engine farther forward in the bay?

-Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It wasn't the tranny tunnel that was the problem...

I would have cut it out and welded in the LS400 trans tunnel if that was it.

If I put the engine even 2mm further back, I would have never cleared ANY kind of header around the steering gear box. I really wanted it further back, but it is in NO WAY possible, as the steering box would be touching the head right at an exhaust port.

So, I figure, what will it hurt to be further forward in the bay, since I'm taking 300+ LBS off the nose of the car anyhow.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
300lbs! yikes, thats a huge difference

1 - 20 of 71 Posts