Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a supra MK3 and it has a7m-ge engine, I would like the turbo. Can I simply rebuild this engine as a turbo adding the proper compnents. Any help would be appreciated

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm just repeating something I read on a website somewhere, but it was my undertsanding that there are differences in the strength of the bottom end for the two engines. I'm sure you can slap on the turbo, intercooler an such but it's probably cheaper to swap for the 7m-gte than to totally rebuild yours. On the other hand, I'm eventually going to put some boost on my 5m-ge, and see how long it takes to kill it - you could do the same.

·
Registered
170 Posts
SupraFiend said:
try the supra forums for info, they have a very large and active mk3 section there.
noise to info ratio is also very high. you'll be told to "SEARCH!!!"

Try bkriz.mkiiisupra.com

·
Super Moderator
8,390 Posts
On a Mk3 it's probably cheaper and better just too pick up the required electronics to convert from GE to GTE. You need the harness, CPS, AFM, ECU, injectors, and ignitor and change over on top of all the turbo hardware. All this stuff is plug and play in Mk3s. If you plan it out right you could probably upgrade at the same time with the Lexus AFM, 550s, and a 60 trim CT26. The GE engine has higher compression and no oil squirter but these shouldn't be a problem unless you are going after mega hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts