Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
At SF.com in the mk3 section they have a sticky that says "Top 20 SF MkIII Dyno Pulls" and they have the top 20 right there. but i think some of them have a other engines too

HTH

Laterz, zankone

·
Registered
351 Posts
One guy on supraforums.com is pushing real close to 700 right now, but I'm pretty sure he's had some headwork done and the bottom end has been gone thru....

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
It all depends on how much $$ you want to spend.

One fella on SF is making 620rwhp on a stock head w/a T-66. His only internal mods are forged pistons.

Dr_jonez on SF made 486rwhp on stock internals. Just over 400rwhp on a stock engine is pretty much where most people take it.

According to Reg R., the bigest problem with the 7m is the fact that the ecu doesn't retard enough timing under boost which is why so many of them break.

With a to4e, proper IC, fuel and tuning 400rwhp is attainable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
WadeT said:
It all depends on how much $$ you want to spend.

One fella on SF is making 620rwhp on a stock head w/a T-66. His only internal mods are forged pistons.

Dr_jonez on SF made 486rwhp on stock internals. Just over 400rwhp on a stock engine is pretty much where most people take it.

According to Reg R., the bigest problem with the 7m is the fact that the ecu doesn't retard enough timing under boost which is why so many of them break.

With a to4e, proper IC, fuel and tuning 400rwhp is attainable.

Look at this webpage for whats been done to acheive 300rwhp on stock internals

http://supragte.freewebspace.com/

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well, Jeff T was making 412 rwhp at Texas, and thats without really opening the engine up, except for a head gasket.

·
Super Moderator
8,363 Posts
Are you guys talking about the same car? Jeff T/Chris's car is midnight blue (at least in the photos I've seen), besides that car is RHD. I gotta admit that car got hammered though. Although this overall topic is really open ended. Probably the most powerful 7M in North America is the one in Joel Tanzman's MkII. Its got enough HP to put a MkII into the lower 9's how ever much that is. There seems to be a lot of Mk3 guys now pushing the 700 rwhp barrier as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
WadeT said:
Yeah, it doesn't take much to get 300rwhp. That car should be making over 400rwhp with that setup.
Don't forget guys that this guy is in Australia. Our dyno's generally read around 15% lower than yours over there. So there's not really any point in comparing to figures that you guys in the States get.

BTW it's not busted up anymore. It was but he fixed it :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts