Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock:
Hi guys,

I am now the proud owner of a MA61 with a 7M-GTE + auto ( :( ) and will soon be getting it engineering approval, but it is dead stock - goes well though :lol:

The engine is a '92 model, and has about 80,000km on it now. I have an intercooler that is much better (ARC core) that will replace the restrictive stock unit. From what I have been reading, re-torquing the head gasket to 72 ftlbs is the first thing to do, but what is the best order after that ?

What level of power will the std injectors hold up to ?
I guess the easiest is upgrading the turbo to get it highflowed or use a T04 - any help on what is best value and what A/r's work best ?

The overall aim will be to get up to 250 to 300kW at the rear wheels - should be enough :p

Thanks in advance for your help

Oh yes, the auto will go as job No. 2 !!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
bbaacchhyy said:
:shock:

Hi guys,

I am now the proud owner of a MA61 with a 7M-GTE + auto ( :( ) and will soon be getting it engineering approval, but it is dead stock - goes well though :lol:

The engine is a '92 model, and has about 80,000km on it now. I have an intercooler that is much better (ARC core) that will replace the restrictive stock unit. From what I have been reading, re-torquing the head gasket to 72 ftlbs is the first thing to do, but what is the best order after that ?

What level of power will the std injectors hold up to ?

I guess the easiest is upgrading the turbo to get it highflowed or use a T04 - any help on what is best value and what A/r's work best ?

The overall aim will be to get up to 250 to 300kW at the rear wheels - should be enough :p

Thanks in advance for your help

Oh yes, the auto will go as job No. 2 !!!
Intake and exhaust most definately. Although I would probably be safe in assuming that the intake ready has a pod filter?

Increasing the torque to 72ft/lbs is definately something that you need to do. If you want to make the power you want soon, you would be best to pull the head off, fit a MHG and use ARP head bolts(or studs).

Upgrading the turbo is easy. To4e wheel with a clipped turbine. The most you will get out of this however is 250kw. If you want more, you will have to go for a big turbo, external wastegate etc. If the motor is in good nick you might find that the standard pistons will hold together, but I'd be investing in a set of forgies. You will also need bigger infectors. You might be able to find some 550cc injectors around, but they are getting rare. You might have to go the additional injector route.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts