Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What diameter and thread pitch are the turbo coolant outlet and inlet on the 7M-GTE. I want to put upgraded hoses and eliminate the annoying OEM Toyota ones.

For reference, this is the Turbo Coolant Bypass Hose kit from Driftmotion.com I suppose I could call them and find out the thread pitch and diameter. I'm wanting to get the metric to AN fittings, and then use AN push lock hose fittings.

Wish someone made a replacement upgrade kit like the SS braided softline kits you can get that replace the stock oil hard feed and return lines.

And on an amusing sidenote if you google Rusty & 7MGTE I'm the first listing *chuckles*

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Ive been asking that Question for a long time Expecially about that Specific one on top of the Thermostat Housing.

You really need to get rid of those 3 Sensors on the Thermostat water neck and Plug them off. I have a 2 Hole Thermostat water neck if you want it. If you have a Spare 5M or 7M block laying around, Pull the Plugs out of them and Screw into those Holes. Each Motor has one in the front and one in the back.

·
Super Moderator
8,573 Posts
Just from 5 year old memory, but the one on the top of the neck is 3/8 BSP and the lower one is is M14x1.5 or M12x1.25. I don't know why you'd want to run a hose between them though.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
3/8.... Thanks.

Since we are on the Subject, can you tell me what the Sizes of the treads on our Fuel Filters are. I think they are M12x1.25 but I cant remember.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just from 5 year old memory, but the one on the top of the neck is 3/8 BSP and the lower one is is M14x1.5 or M12x1.25. I don't know why you'd want to run a hose between them though.
You're confused about the application lol. I don't want to run a hose between them (which seems like a $45 dollar waste, just order the plugs from Toyota). (You would use the hose if you wanted to bypass the cooling from turbo, I guess it'd also let a bit more coolant flow outta the head to aid in cooling it).

I want to make a nice set of lines to FEED the turbo, not bypass it but I need to know the thread pitches / diameters etc :D

I'm going to be very amused if I'm the first person to put this kit together and list all the part numbers (seeing as 7M's have been around for oh... 23 years now).

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Robert, heres the write up I did a couple years ago..HTH homey:thumbsup:

also, does anyone know if the thread size and pitch is the same on both sides of the fuel filter or not?
your answer is yes...I got some earls fittings for mine...you need 2 12x1.25 for filter...i just relocated my stock filter and run braided -6 lines from stock line by the tranny (also earls fitting) to -6 to the filter then -6 from filter to rail..(7mgte) no dampner...its alot easier the change filter now...you stock (5mge)guys can do this too. as for the braided lines...napa can make them..any hydraulic hose shop too...tractor guys go to these places for their hydraulics on their tractors/backhoes ets etc..

earls part numbers....link to earls http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php?shop=&dept=Metric

hard line by tranny tunnel to -6.....9894DBH (very 1st one at top)
2 of these for filter one one each end for -6.....991945 (has a little washer with each)

here some pics...sorry for the mess...hope this helps...good luck with your new hardlines....i look forward to changing. mine

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Rusty, I dont remember the thread size and pitch but its got to be BPT or the 12 or 14 x 1.25, thats alot of guessing though. Mine was NPT and I just re-threaded it in the housing. that aluminum is so soft that it took 5 mins to do it. I also put some thread sealer on it to make sure..i have no leaks.

the pics below are my CT26 complete soft line/braided line set up. This is my spare turbo. I ran this when the Big Boss 67mm was getting re-built. Its nice to use the same lines for both turbo except oil feed and drain, i have extra's of those for ease of swapping.

this set up below has been kind of my little secret set up, but its time to let everyone else in on it. I can build these soon as I finish testing it a little more...I need to shorten a coolant line and change the coolant lines to a AN-4 from a AN-6..then it would be perfect i think for eveyone with CT turbos.

my boss turbo runs AN-6 everywhere except oil drain..thats a AN-10

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Jake!!!!!!!

What size is that Fitting right there by the Lower Radiator Hose. Remember that the Turbo I just bought is a DBB so I need to do water coolant also.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Ok...I removed it and checked it to my handy dandy metric bolt guage and its a

14x1.50 to a -6..u might need a -4..depends on ur line size....ok, back to the shop to re-install it.....you're lucky my radiator was already drained!

Hth guys....lmk if u need anything else.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Just talked to Nate, The coolant lines that Im getting are -8. Pretty big I know but you can never have too much coolant.

So Im looking for a M14x 1.50 to a -8

What fun this is going to be.

WOOOHOOO

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, where'd you source the plate that the hoses attach to? The plate that the feed and return coolant hook to, the plate that bolts to the turbo?

And my other question... is if you know the thread pitch / diameter of THIS one... hate to make you pull that one too.

Or I could just buy one of each fitting (@ $5 bucks a pop) and hope one of them is the right size. Wanting to do this when I'm home for the weekend.

I'm thinking it's gotta be 12x1.25 thread pitch.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
the problem is that i dont remember off hand.. i guess i could pull them all off and copy them and make some sort of complete soft line kit both coolant and oil for the CT26 and start selling them?

i wouldnt do that to you rusty...you can get that plate on ebay. just search out CT26 and it should come up. cost around $15

the plate has 2 fittings on it for coolant lines and theyre AN-4 and i went to my local hydraulics and fittings place and got 2 AN-4 to AN-6 atapters for my lines.

the fitting out of the top of the neck is 2 fittings. one threads into the neck, the other one is a 90 degree adapter attached to it for my coolant line to thread to.

all these lines are teflon lined lines and braided, made by my local shop and a few are from the Boss series install kit from suprasport..be careful with suprasport though...theyre getting a bad rap lateley.

·
Super Moderator
8,573 Posts
You don't need all those fittings on the neck. I just used an NPT to AN elbow and threaded it in. I can swear that the fitting is a 3/8 BSPT, but all my online searches show its 1/4 BSPT. The NPT thread is close enough for a pipe thread to fit with a bunch of pipe goober. You can buy straight BSPT to AN fittings and use a short drop hose elbow if you really want the correct fittings.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Im going to the Parts store tomorrow, Going to buy both Sizes. I will let you know what the Exact size is... 3/8 or 1/4

1 - 16 of 16 Posts