Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to start wiring my 82 today and what is the bare minimum need to get it to start and run
i plan wiring all of it up just need to be able to get her to start so i can work on /tweak stuff as need to make sure everything in right vac lines etc no pan gasket leaks

afm
and ?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Injectors, CPS, Coil-packs and igniter really. You can start without a tps, AFM, knock sensors, temp senders and ISCV (It'll run poorly though). I'd do all the wiring right the first time though. To check my work before the motor went in I spun the CPS and listened for the injectors and coils to click.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Injectors, CPS, Coil-packs and igniter really. You can start without a tps, AFM, knock sensors, temp senders and ISCV (It'll run poorly though). I'd do all the wiring right the first time though. To check my work before the motor went in I spun the CPS and listened for the injectors and coils to click.
ok thanks

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
for the 82 you need to find the starte wire and hook it up directly to the key thingy i forgot the name
use a test light and turn the key till the light flashes and then you have found the correct wire
this will igniate the starte when you turn the key
then thats out of the way.

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
fuel air spark minimum

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
starter / other / power

got the starter workin today

i follow http://www.supracharged.com/tech/wiring/index.shtml for the rest of the wiring

im not sure what im doing wrong

i use plug h for power for the Black/Yellow c1 connector im not sure if i sould use it for Black/Orange on c1 as well
only thing left to do is is wire a few other things

im just not sure on what i sould use as power for them
b1 black/red for ecu
b1 Black/orange - Large 10 or 12 guage
b1 Black/orange - Small 16 guage

and i know i need to slice the green wire on the afm to the engine harness green wire?

then from
m1
speed sersor pink to gw? i cant seem to find it

still have to wire
Yellow/Black - yellow with a black stripe - oil pressure for guage and ECU
Yellow/Green - Yellow with a green stripe - Water temp for guage

that wont be hard

:32::32::32:

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I'd suggest buying the Toyota wiring manuals, the ones that only have the wiring info, they have so much info for such a small price.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd suggest buying the Toyota wiring manuals, the ones that only have the wiring info, they have so much info for such a small price.
i have one i dont know what power src for the ecu to use dont want to fry it and other stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts