Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hopethis is not in the wrong place to post but there not a place for them
i know there a few other posts about this but they dont cover my cars year 1982 mk2 l type what will need for my swap so far i have 7ecu engine afm :32:
and i dont think the wiring on will be the same but i worry about that later

·
Registered
622 Posts
DAMN SON just check your shit and revise it. I did it for you this time......

I hope this is not the wrong place to post but there is not a place for it. I know there are a few other posts about this but they don't cover my cars year, 1982 mk2 L-type. What will I need for my swap? So far I have a 7m ecu, engine, and Afm. And I don't think the wiring on it will be the same but I'll worry about that later.

You need A harness adapter from 935 motorsports, a 7m coil & ignitor, and an intake and exhuast setup. You aren't giving much detail as to what you have.... MY 7mge came without injectors, egr plate (back of head), coil, afm, ect.
Look at what you've got and figure it out, I'm 17 and I'm doing it.
You can also get a civic short ram intake off ebay Search and you'll see.
Really though 935 sells a lot of good 7mge parts for tune up and other areas like wiring harness adapters.

Also no rudeness intended just trying to point you in the right direction, and moonpie has done this swap so he can help with any questions.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
lol thanks Dylan, the swap was top secret lol im jk...
well you will love the 7m, it pulls super hard!!!
just ask robiddunno

haaaaa lmao

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iv ben reading and gone tho some of the 7mswaps my car has a full 3 cl exhuast i know the 5m header will fit no prob my 7mge engine is complete has every thing i need and iv msg 935 motor long ago about that harness adapter a few days ago no reply i guess i just need the coil & ignitor and apapter harness to be ready to drop it in
after i over haul some seals and a head gasket

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
ok, first off please start using grammer!
it really makes it easier to read.
the 3 inch will sound like junk on the 7m, it will sound all ricey.
what headers are you using? (im guessing pacesetter) you will need to grind away some material of the headers for them to fit the 7m.

have you gotten your pump and pan yet??
the wiring is very easy also.

Clint

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i do have the pump and pan i just have to pull it from the old engine, i do have a 7m header some were i think, the header I'm thinking of using is the stock 5m one, and on a other note i would not mind wiring my self if i knew what to do, The info i found for this swap/wiring were on newer year mk2

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well I guess you can take it from here moonpie :thumbsup:

To the new guy, CHECK your engine. I wouldn't be surprised if you were missing a part here and there. And someone give him a tsrm link.
Also the stock m series came with manifolds (which are cast) So you would be using a 5m exhaust manifold not header

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm the one who pull the engine from the car it came from so i know it complete can't really trust others win it come's to engines :sadsmilie

my bad exhaust manifold thanks for the info lol

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yea my motor had no egr plate on the back of the head, no injectors, harness, ecu, intake piping, It was a lot more of a pita than I expected. but it was 100 dollars lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that not bad my friend gave me my 7mge since I'm doing a butt load of work on his mk3 supra doing a engine swap for him he kill his old shell so yea :duh:
he just wanted to use his newer motor for it so i get left overs yay

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
well the regualr exhaust manifold is a peice of junk!
get some actual headers!
the 7m comes alive when it can breath but expect high rpm's.
mine comes alive at 4k and really starts to fly!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Moonpie... It's not a piece of junk.... more like a rusty paperweight when your header is installed. It is really restrictive though.....

·
Registered
622 Posts
Man you gotta work on your posts, so we can understand them fully. I get what your saying 7mge is very cost/power effective. and the 7m head does weigh less then the 5m head. Just read your post before you hit submit msg. Hope your swap goes smooth.:salute:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
It can, or bad cam tower gaskets (metal gaskets seal the best) if you are talking about the 5MGE.

Also, Tire Shredder also did the 7MGE swap, you can search for his 7M build thread under his name. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
was talking about a 7mge my donor engine has oil in the spark plug holes im trying to think of what seal i need to replace

·
Super Moderator
8,565 Posts
I'd suggest you read this;

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12701

The 7MGE swap is essentially the same as the 7MGTE swap except for the turbo plumbing, oil cooler, and the tach adapter. Your existing exhaust will bolt up. Oil in the center valley on 7M is the valve cover gasket and new screws.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts