Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
7mgte 1985 hard top (Marysville, WA) ........SOLD

The Heritage behind this build date's back to 1998 with My first Love "Agatha" a 1984 7mgte conversion that took 6 months to build. The goal for Athena was to build a solid foundation with an Automatic platform, a car, if left alone would have all the reliability Toyota is known for, and would be a great daily driver. My Goal on all of my conversions is to build it the way Toyota would have done it. I have put together several of these cars, mostly for other folks with great success since 1999.
Upgrades:New mk4 fuel pump,New Toyota oil pump,rebuilt head,metal head gasket,ARP head studs,new fuel filter,large capacity radiator (in case it goes to someone that lives in a hot climate).Rebuilt and balanced drive line with all new serviceable U joints. New cross drilled and slotted brake rotors with new Toyota pads. New shocks and struts (KYB gr2's). 3.73 LSD rear end. New BF Goodrich AT's, This car has 2.5" exhaust,factory pre-cat and main cat, stock IC and IC pipes, so it's power is relatively untapped.
Some people look at me funny when I tell them it's for sale, and ask why don't you keep it. My answer: I get my joy creating these,it is a hobby. The 2nd Gen Supra with this enginge conversion is saught after by many acrossed the planet. It is not how I make my living. I enjoy seeing the cars that I have played a roll in creating.
The 7mgte converted mk2 is very popular: http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/130_0904_1985_toyota_celica_supra/photo_01.html When given the weight differences between 2nd & 3rd gens it's easy to see the potential. On average it costs 12k to 15k to build one in this condition. Selling at $10,500.00US [email protected] or pm me. or call 425-422-9287.

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Hello 4SFED it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Wow! Nice car! Finally something worth posting about on the forum! Good luck Don.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thats everything I want in a supra... lol.

But I dont have that kind of money and kind of want to go threw the experience of doing my own swap.

Good luck, nice car. Someday I want to have one that nice.

-Utterly1337

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
After an hour of convincing myself that an auto would be ok.....i realize there is no sun roof.

Very nice car. I like it. Also good luck. The price is great.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
The auto trans haters make me laugh :D Why ? Because it's obvious you've never driven a boosted auto car. "Not talking about above posters, just auto haters in general"

This is the 3rd Boosted auto that has come out of Area 51. An 85 SDR "now painted purple/lavender" that was in Puyallup last I knew, that Don and I built 7-8 years ago. My 83 L-type, Athena, and Matt's Brat "scorpmatt" will be next.

There is nothing even remotely more fun, than spanking on ricers and 5.0's while drinking my coffee ;)

Hope to see this car go to a good home soon, so we can start on the next one.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
mmm, i love the feel of boosted automatic in the morning. :D

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
After an hour of convincing myself that an auto would be ok.....i realize there is no sun roof.
To each his own - when you are well over 6', the hard top is a nice feature.

Good luck with the sale - from everything I have read, it sounds like a great car!

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Is Athena's steering wheel the same as the wheel in this write-up? click here
If so, are the switches functional?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To each his own - when you are well over 6', the hard top is a nice feature.

Amen to that! I'm 6'3" on a good day.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is Athena's steering wheel the same as the wheel in this write-up? click here
If so, are the switches functional?
Yes the wheel is the same, in my opinion it's the best steering wheel Toyota put in a Supra.
Unfortunatly the buttons are only show at this time. Agatha has the same wheel, with non working butttons. The next one I build will have the same wheel with none working buttons.
Dave thanks for the link to the write up. it's nice to know somone else has done it with success.
My goal is to build a solid 7mgte mk2 with my standard add on's that give it my signature. The next person can than take it to the next leval or just enjoy Toyota reliability.

That said I'm really looking forward to the Supra Nationals and the po-folks camp out....hey maybee somone will buy it from me and I could upgrade to a hotel room.hahaha....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fresh pics Athena, warning 56k

in case you where curious how she looks under her skirt.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Bump!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I saw a guess today that the Boeing strike will last at least another 45 days (sorry Wade and Bill and Corona Will). In the PNW, various toys are going to be all over Craigslist soon since the Machinist's Union strike fund pays maybe 25% of regular wages. Sorry Don,. this is not a good time to be selling anything local. But once the strick ends.....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the reassurance Rich. I had no Idea that a super clean mk2 converted to a 7mgte would take so long to sell.
To our wonderful forum I really need to move this car and I'm open to reasonable offers.
I would be even to drive it to you and fly back home. you can pm me. I know times are tuff, but there are those out there that are still doing great.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
I can vouch that doing a 7M-GTE swap is insanely expensive and buying someone else's completed project is MUCH MUCH smarter. I have nearly $15,000 in my 7M-GTE, and yes it's worth every penny, but I wish I would have just bought Don's car (if I could have seen into the future).

And these cars are SICK, absolutely SICK to drive with a 7M-GTE. Mine's not even fully tuned and it's spinning the tires in 4th gear @ ~65mph on between 0 to 3psi.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts