Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my power steering pump is going to the crapper and i was able to get a 7mge pump for a great price. For my 7mgte i noticed that the 7mge power steering pulley is slightly larger than the 7mgte pulley. what did you guys do in this situation? swap pulleys or put the 7mge pump as is? i did some searchin and wasnt able to come up with anything...

·
Super Moderator
8,564 Posts
All the 7M steering pumps the same. The pulley (& belt) difference is for Mk3s with and without PPS. I believe I used the smaller diameter pulley on mine.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. so the larger pulley wouldnt be a problem?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
thanks. so the larger pulley wouldnt be a problem?
as aaron said, a 7m pump is a 7m pump...either will work, but I prefer the larger pulley pump. I didn't realize there were different pumps and had installed the small pulley version. It ended up leaking so I bought a rebuilt one with the largey pulley.

The orig (small pulley) one was not very enjoyable to drive at all, the powersteering was way over-assisted. I think all mk2s are over assisted anyways, and the small pulley 7m version amplifies the issue even more.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Yes, to be accurate you would want to use the 87-88 pulley.

Any pulley will work (I have a 92) but your power steering will be plenty sensitive as he mentions.

I found out that in AutoX I would have preferred to have a bit less action on the power steering.

It does make parking very easy though, LOL.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds good. ill use the larger pulley even though i like the extra assistance...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts