Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to run a quick poll to see who has kept their AC after swapping in a GTE motor, whether it's a 7M or 1/2JZ. I'm most of the way done with a 7M swap, currently with the AC components still installed and the fabricator building pipes for the front mount intercooler is going to be expensive and complex due to the number of bends and such that will be required. Are most people deleting their AC when doing a GTE swap? The front mount being used is a Driftmotion unit with the inlet and outlet on the same side.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I removed mine, but up here in Canada, we don't have many really hot days in the summer where you would want AC - most of the summer it is 65 to 75F. Note with my 2JZ swap it has the factory front facing intake and I have an intercooler with an inlet on one side and outlet on the other so the piping is massively simplified compared to a 7M swap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have done the 2jz ge swap and deleted the AC. Mine didn’t have AC from before, but the new engine did have the AC pump etc. Living in Norway there is no big need for AC, specially not with a sun roof 🙂

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I've had ac on both 7m and 2jz swaps now. Kind of a requirement in California here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts