Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right guys...
getting my pipe work done at the moment..
replacing stock intake pipe
I will run bosch bov and an oil catch can system.
Does this mean i just need 1xfitting on the intake pipe (afm to turbo) plus the ps vacuum line?

also, the line on the 3000 pipe, whats that for? im guessing obsolete if running a catch can set up?

Just trying to work out whats needed for my intake pipe and front facing intake plenum.

Running stock electrics and ecu, but running oil catch can.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
You can Vent the Catch Can. No reason to tap this to a Vacuum Source. only time you will ever see any oil in it is once your rings start to wear down or your clearances are not tight enough. Ive never had oil in mine since I built this last motor.

Which line are you talking about. If you are talking about the 3000 Pipe, there are 2 hard lines, One in front and one in back. Both go into the Accordian Hose but You can vent them both also. ISC Valve needs a small filter on it. Blowby breather tube you can vent this.

Been running mine that way for a long time

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys

alright, now that ive had abit more time to think..

bov line
1 on intake
1 near throttle body?

1 for iscv

after market replacement for stock item

1 small on intake pipe for idle up for power steering.

is that all i need to worry about?

Now for the bosch bov, since ill be running a ffim, i presume ill need to mount the bov as close to throttle body as possible, then a big line back to the intake pipe?

thanks again

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so basically, ill need 3x fittings on the custom intake
1 for bov
1 for iscv
1 for idle up for power steering

iscv will run as per stock set up (using stock pipe that usually bolts to 3000 pipe)
Bov ill probably need to run a big arse long line from intake pipe to bov (mounted near t/b)
ps idle up, small fitting, run as per stock set up.

Anything wrong with that?

So basically deleting the oil vent system and running stand alone catch can.
2 lines from cam covers to catch can (probably vented), or will catch can need to then run into stock fitting on throttle body?

cheers

·
Registered
402 Posts
instead of running a huge long line from the bov why not put a fitting in the intercooler- intake pipe closer to the accordian? just my .02 cents... but the pressure is going to be the same throughout your intake piping so pressure fluxuation should be the same right? correct me if I'm wrong cus i havent gotten that far in my engineering course for pressure drops yet lol... if you put your bov closer to your intake it will save how long your line is and how long it takes to recirculate... the stock pipe may be plastic but im sure you could pick up a universal metal pipe with a bend that will fit from a auto parts store and put your bov flange in that

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well actually i did put the fabricator wrong abit, he has set the blow off valve off the intake pipe (return to intake pipe) and was planning on running inlet to bov off the i/c pipe close to the turbo.

But im thinking that maybe a little silly now? most people run them close to the throttle body?

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
aftermarket BOV's are best to be placed in the pipe just before the TB and recirculated if youre running stock electronics. If the bosch is just a stock replacement keep it as the stock set up to avoid issues.

Catch can;
if your engine isnt fresh/rebuilt then run a hose from the new accordian hose/hard pipe to your catch can the run then the other one to the stock PCV. that way you have vacuum on your pcv. Robert is right on the fresh engine pcv setup. you shouldnt have any oil in the catch can. I never had a drop.

if you put your bov in the IC pipe before the TB then just make sure its recirculated. Some bov's are self recirculating and dont need a hose to go back in the intake system. but i think the bosch requires it. if your going this far get a good bov..like the synapse syncronic...it can be recirc'd. then you will be able to cap the othe ports on your new accordian/hardpipe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts