Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going downtown on a Friday night with friend. We stopped at the car wash should I could wash my car. He set outside, someone in a 240sx (damn nice looking one too) pulled up and started vaccuming his car. They started chatting. I got done washing my car and pulled out. Started talking to the guy he was telling me his friend has a V6 Turbo Regal and his brother has a nice older car (I have no idea what it was, I forgot what he said). The Regal pulled up and I was like holy shit. That looks exactly like the Regal my dad owns, same white color with the black trim package (btw the Regal I'm referring to, I don't remember what year it is but it's the same body style as the Buick Grand Nationals and has the same engine). So we exchanged phone numbers and went on our way. I saw them once more that night when I was down on the bridge, I could hear the BOV on the Regal and it sounded damn sexy.

Saturday night I decided to stay home and relax.

Sunday morning I talked to my brother, he had stayed out till 4 a.m. watching the races. He said he met the guy with the Regal that I had talked to, they exchanged numbers and he was coming over to look at my brother's 2JZ setup. We chatted in the garage for about an hour and decided to go get some lunch. Over lunch we were talking about upgrades we'd like to do this winter and stuff of that nature. Then we got on the topic of running my Supra against his Regal. So we left and drove north of town. We took a right turn off the main highway on to a 4 lane road, I let him pull of next to me, I started brake boosting in second gear. I got up to full spool and could hear him brake boosting, so I took off. My brother was in the car with him (I was by myself) he said I immediately pulled a car and half on him. From second gear through the end of fourth I had him by at least a car. Then somewhere around the top of fourth he came around me. I poped it into fifth and the tires scratched like I downshifted, I didn't think anything of it. I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw some white some, which I had been burning oil under boost a bit lately so I thought it was normal. We drove a little further down the road and turned, he asked me if I wanted to do a dig. I said yes, so we pulled back out on the highway and stopped. He started honking this time to signal when to start. I could hear him brake boosting even know he was sitting still, I was afraid if I dropped the clutch I would be sitting still doing a burnout so I fucked up the launch. I swear he pulled like 5-6 cars on me immediately. I didn't feel like I was going anywhere. AND that's when it happened! In third gear at 4000 rpm I had my foot to the floor and the rpm wasn't increasing and I wasn't going any faster. I looked in my rear-view mirror and there was white smoke EVERYWHEREEEE!!! I pulled my phone out and called my brother and told him something was wrong. I could hear it misfiring. I pulled over, there was a hint of blue in the white smoke... so we decided it was burning a shit ton of oil. I limped it home. Tore it down and burnt a chunk out of my piston.

You can read my upgrades in my signature, I was running about 9psi and from a dig I can't get traction.

He had alchol injection, was running 22 psi on an aftermarket turbo and a bunch of other mods that I can't remember. He was expecting to run 12's in the 1/4 (I know, I know, bench racing, you'll never know until you go the track).

It was fun race... but the outcome sucks... alot! $$$$

Tony

·
Registered
839 Posts
Man, that sucks. I'm always afraid something like that's going to happen to me. I always get nervous when my ol' 5M gets arround 5k rpm's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts