Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

261 - 279 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Im not concerned about the FPs mechanical ability to pump enough, its a walboro 255, this is a wiring question, and Im concerned about it turning on. AFAIK The 5m pump is turned on by- 1. The starter being activated 2. The 5m MAF flapper door opening, and connecting pins 1 and 2 of the maf plug. So with a 7m swap, the pump would only run while cranking without making some changes, right?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
NP The pins might be different for your year combo of course. But you could even use the FC pin to trigger any relay!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does this swap also apply to a mx73 swap..and of so what needs to be done or what's would be different I've heard it basically bolts right up

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
Does the 7m share the same mounts as the 5m and do I need a new trans and diff??
It depends on what is wrong with your trans and diff - you're a better judge on whether you need a new trans and diff than a bunch of strangers that don't know your trans and diff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bringing this post back from the dead I'm very new to this and I just picked up a 84 Celica supra with a 7mgte in it coolant temp gauge isn't working rpm gauge isn't working any ideas

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
Please fill in your profile so we know what car you have and the mods.
Who did you buy this from?
Was it a forum member?

Off hand ,I would search the TSRM to see how to test the coolant sensor and what was installed for the
tach adaptor,so far.Brand of ignition coil and a LOT more.
We will not hand you the answers. You have to work for them.
Start here:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/default.aspx

I give you 3 hours to have a look-see.
10-4.

·
Registered
252 Posts
In regards to a GE swap. Why can't the 84 pump and pan be used? Which fuse box do I use? And the only harness I need is the engine harness. But can the other two existing mk2 harness clips be repinned to match the 7M ecu? I'm kinda confused as this is mainly a thread for the GTE. And I'm sure I missed something in the post as it is hard for me to read everything on my phone since my internet has been turned off.

·
Premium Member
5,769 Posts
In regards to a GE swap. Why can't the 84 pump and pan be used? Which fuse box do I use? And the only harness I need is the engine harness. But can the other two existing mk2 harness clips be repinned to match the 7M ecu? I'm kinda confused as this is mainly a thread for the GTE. And I'm sure I missed something in the post as it is hard for me to read everything on my phone since my internet has been turned off.
NO internet?
Go to the local library and use theirs. Can you burn a CD rom of the TSRM? Maybe on flash drive.
Write yourself a list and use a buddies computer?
Run a long CAT 5 from your neighbors house?
Use a neighbors wireless router code?

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
In regards to a GE swap. Why can't the 84 pump and pan be used?
What 84 pump? Fuel? Oil? Water? Who says it can't? As far as oilpan is concerned, a deeper pan was used from late '84 or on '85 and newer 5MGEs so if you use the deeper oilpan you also need the matching oilpump, too.

Use a 7mge from a Cressida - it's already front sump.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just saw that the 85 oil pan and pump must be used. Glad to know it will work though, wife put me on a budget for the swap at the last minute. The cressida motor is what I'd like to find, but then again, finding any 5M or 7M in my town is hopeless so I'll take what I can get.

261 - 279 of 279 Posts