Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the right lane stopped at the lights when a new Dodge Charger came up on the left.The driver had a big smile on his face as he revved his car.
I had dynoed 335 HP earlier this summer at 8psi and have since moved up to 17 psi so was interested in seeing how I'd do. I was surprised to beat him to the next set of lights and guess he was surprised as well since he was no longer smiling. When these lights turned green there was rubber burning and tire smoke in the air and the Supra won once more. It's not something I do very often but it sure was fun and my heart was beating like I'd been in a sprint.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Very nice. That'll teach some of those mopar punks some respect LOL

·
Registered
348 Posts
That right there is the difference between built horsepower and horsepower acquired with a checkbook! Excellent kill bro!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I was in the right lane stopped at the lights when a new Dodge Charger came up on the left.The driver had a big smile on his face as he revved his car.
I had dynoed 335 HP earlier this summer at 8psi and have since moved up to 17 psi so was interested in seeing how I'd do. I was surprised to beat him to the next set of lights and guess he was surprised as well since he was no longer smiling. When these lights turned green there was rubber burning and tire smoke in the air and the Supra won once more. It's not something I do very often but it sure was fun and my heart was beating like I'd been in a sprint.
Good kill! I've driven those and they are pretty quick, but not at their best from a dig because they are so heavy and prone to spin. But still they are about [email protected] cars driven right so I expect you would take him with your mods.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
My SRT did low 13s easy when stock...still not the best stoplight to stoplight car, but it's not an easy kill.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind comments!
I looked up the specs and the Charger's rated 425 hp(crank) so our rear wheel hp is probably fairly close. I'm going to re-dyno next spring so I'll know for sure, but, the biggest difference, as Eric pointed out, was that he likely wasted more time spinning his wheels in order to get his heavier vehicle moving forward and in a short race that made all the difference.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Did it look like an SRT8 or was is a R/T which is still the V8 but not as highly tuned and built up? There are lots of "modded" R/Ts out there too, but they start at 340 hp, the SRT8 gets 425.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eric, it was a black Charger with a hood scoop. I was concentrating too much on the launch to notice much else.
Thanks Armin - I remember reading that it was a Cop in the Challenger! Now THAT'S a KILL! haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts