Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
7mgte wiring help!

hey guys, I'm almost done my 7mgte swap and getting ready to fire it up soon and i was just curious as to how many wires were left unconnected in their mk2s? and what they did to keep them from getting hung up in other parts?

sorry if its been covered but I searched and i never seem to have much luck with the search function on here.

So far off the top of my head I have the stability controls wires left unconnected (which are obviously useless in the mk2), the mk2 afm wires, the r-154 trans wires, and i have a couple wires that are supposed to go to the distributer. I think there may be a couple more but i cant remember.

edit:
I have the motor in, everything i thought i needed hooked up and tried cranking the motor and it worked! started kicked on perfectly oil circulated and no leaks! yet haha...
the bad- no spark and the fuel pump wont come on! I have a feeling it may be one thing causing both issues but shouldnt the pump turn on when i jump the check plug?
I pulled the motor out of a running and driving donor car, and the mk2 I'm putting it into just got a new pump holder, walbro 255lph pump, and it ran (with a bhg) before the swap.

any ideas or anyone have the same issue that i havent found their write up of yet? please help :32:

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
It's been a while since I did my wiring, but I left everything where it is. Before you start cutting and removing wires, I'd make sure there isn't any problems with the motor. Get it running good, then start pulling stuff.

I used the yellow AFM plug to turn the pump on from the 7M ECU so the pump turns on and off as the ECU tells it to.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually planning on not cutting any wires at all. I'd like to keep the harness' complete and just pin the excess wires and connectors out of the way.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i was thinking but i didnt know if there were some hot spots on the 7m i wouldnt expect and the zip ties just melting.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
84 mk2 and an 88 mk3...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I was actually planning on not cutting any wires at all. I'd like to keep the harness' complete and just pin the excess wires and connectors out of the way.
Well, if your interested in spending money to do it opposed to doing it yourself... a friend of mine and I are starting to produce a complete plug and play kit. I'm not talking, 7 solders and 10 pages of info on how to do it. We've tried to make it so simple that all you have to do is clip the plugs together, aside from having to re-pin (if I remember correctly) about three wires. It will create a sub harness adapter for the body harness. We're still deciding on whether we'll make tach adapters or have people buy the msd one. All the components will be tested on my car to make sure they work 100% and we're (for now) only making adapters for 84-86 to yellow plug (87-89).

PM me if you're interested, it would be some incentive for use to finish (as we have like 4 half finished, lol) some.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
edited the intro!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts