Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I parked my Supra at an Albertsons in Mountlake Terrace, and these two young men pull up in a truck. The driver walks up to me and is looking at the car. I get out, and he says he owns a black 1985 manual P-Type that he needs to sell. His name is Matt.

I immediately asked him if he is on CS.com, and he says no he's not online. Apparently, he just sunk $2,000 having the head rebuilt professionally, port and polished. But he did not complete the rebuild, and put it back together. He says he screwed up, and with the compression 10-to-1, he immediately blew a cylinder.

He is broke, and needs cash for court fines. Threw out the number $800 because someone offered him $800 for a parts car, but then walked because he didn't have the title. I'm not sure if he meant he didn't have the title on him at that moment, or if he doesn't possess the title. There may be more to the story.

I don't have money, but I would rather see one of you guys buy it than have it stripped as a parts car. Matt said the body has no damage except for a ding in one door, and a ding in the panel between edge of hood and bumper.

I got his number, and will try to go get pictures. I could probably talk him down with a cash offer, as he seems desperate, but again, I am desperate myself. If I can make a few bucks as the coordinator of a deal, any cash will go straight to Shawn for what I owe on a rear diff. I'll edit this when I have full details, and will ask your advice on what to offer.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Can you get pictures of it? I'm looking for another car to distract me from the path of finishing my 2JZ haha. But seriously I'm looking for another Mk.II to build a track car. Any more info on the tittle situation would be nice too. I don't wan to be charged with receiving stolen property.;)

Thanks,
Leon

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'm looking for another to buy because my '82 caught fire. I need him to have the title unfortunately. I'd love it. I still have all of mine's body and drive-line. Thanks

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I'm looking for another to buy because my '82 caught fire. I need him to have the title unfortunately. I'd love it. I still have all of mine's body and drive-line. Thanks
You could always use your numbers and papers.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I was planning on doing that and using plates if I bought another 82...

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I parked my Supra at an Albertsons in Mountlake Terrace, and these two young men pull up in a truck. The driver walks up to me and is looking at the car. I get out, and he says he owns a black 1985 manual P-Type that he needs to sell. His name is Matt.

I immediately asked him if he is on CS.com, and he says no he's not online. Apparently, he just sunk $2,000 having the head rebuilt professionally, port and polished. But he did not complete the rebuild, and put it back together. He says he screwed up, and with the compression 10-to-1, he immediately blew a cylinder.

He is broke, and needs cash for court fines. Threw out the number $800 because someone offered him $800 for a parts car, but then walked because he didn't have the title. I'm not sure if he meant he didn't have the title on him at that moment, or if he doesn't possess the title. There may be more to the story.

I don't have money, but I would rather see one of you guys buy it than have it stripped as a parts car. Matt said the body has no damage except for a ding in one door, and a ding in the panel between edge of hood and bumper.

I got his number, and will try to go get pictures. I could probably talk him down with a cash offer, as he seems desperate, but again, I am desperate myself. If I can make a few bucks as the coordinator of a deal, any cash will go straight to Shawn for what I owe on a rear diff. I'll edit this when I have full details, and will ask your advice on what to offer.
I was e-mailing this guy back and forth and then he sold it from under my nose for $800 which I thought was a steal.

Here's some pics not like it matters..maybe someone here owns this and wants to sell it to me..:sarcasm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts