was good til a tire exploded and broke the bottom of my right rear flare and my fender trim went and got broken...then took apart what "metal" /rust was the lower 1/4 lol. oh well, got most of the pieces. ill look into that soon
done drifting this thing for a while. going to check it over before i get it ready for motor swap (late in year if this year at all) felt a little down on power, or over gripped last event on my last pair of tires, was a unique layout so hoping the lack of power was just in my head. got a nice photo out of it though
where the heck do the threads go when there hasnt been an update in 2 months? mine disappeared again. only shows 15 threads in the build up page?
finally got this thing home. got sick thursday evening and am still right sick. managed to build its home for the next forever, a wood dolly on some old tool box castors and did an all day rescue mission. hopefully i got everything, still has the car on stands so im sure it wont go anywhere for a while if i missed anything. decided i had some energy and stripped the motor of all the misc items. also wanted to clean it up as there was rat shit and coolant in the gully so i wore my respirator and vacuumed and air gunned the lot of it. ive got the factory exhaust up to a flat section just past the trans. took off the intake manifold to make the fuel rail and wiring easier to get to...i LOVE how toyota used metal gaskets everywhere, blessed be their fruit.
The plan is to just simplify this factory setup, make a new exhaust, do clutch and flywheel combo, ATI/fluidampyr, new serp belt, build an intake, timing belt was done like 5000kms ago and looks mint. do new plugs and clean up the spark/igniter things and slap a link ecu on it and then shrug my hands in the air as to what to do after ive fitted it to the car. super basic setup and should be more than adequate for my purposes. ITBs are a massive money pit and tuning them for the 'whoosh' noises i dont buy. i like the big intake on a stock setup, makes better whoosh noises imo. and honestly if i want more power id throw a turbo on it and break all the parts that dont exist any more.
There is an option box at the bottom and one of the default options is that it only shows threads that have been posted on in the last 100 days. You can change that to "beginning" and it goes from 16 threads to 705 threads.
Put the full Wats on the Supra again as the temps are usually above 10C. Checked fluids, air pressures and the like, good to go for now. Cleaned the Altezza cluster and measured it and put it there for mock up for when i swap. Would be nice to get this fully functional, but im also retarded. Got the pig tails on the back so it can be connected.
Those are great motors. From an auto car? I wonder if the auto GEs are easier to get running right with the factory ecu. The vvti GTEs from Aristos are a pain to make run right on the factory ecu in another car and manual.
i could not get my vvti GE auto to run rigth for the life of me with the standard ECU, but if u get it running i guess its the best NA option!
other JZ's are like 30 mins and its running but the VVTi i was struggeling for days..
the problem i had was the electric throttle body, tried swapping it for a non electric TB from a non vvti but that did not work at all...
i guess u need the body harness of the car, an possibly the throttle pedal?
if u go standalone just get a non electric TB and a standalone that manages vvti and you migth get a few extra horses if u tune it rigth?
excited to see how this turns out
im going link ecu as i understand you need everything to the key to make it work and i dont have time or patience for that. i will be keeping this tb and getting the elect throttle delete piece from DM more than likely to allow it to function like a normal TB. i have a non vvti 1jz TB and it wont remotely work unless i disassemble the entire body and work witchcraft. its a way down the pipeline as i have a bunch of other stuff to do before doing this. going to use this as a skid car again this year. get the kaaz and 2j to go in after, should be near perfect after this next batch of mods
been a while.
having some fueling issues currently. changed the fuel filter, added an adj fpr. saw i was getting erratic fuel pres. so i got a bosch 044 pump and some adapter pieces and put that in. fixed it for all of 3 laps of drifting, then the fuel issue started up again. going to look at the tank and see what is broken/rotted/falling apart. i understand there is some sort of strainer in the tank, being an 82 its an inline pump.
i met Orido-san by the good graces of coincidence while on a visit to see his daughter here in Victoria.
heres a snap of me drifting one of the 3/4 laps from last monday
and did my first real grip event at mission at the end of May in my civic.