Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have 2. one out of an 82, and everything worked when i took it out, the other is a 84. tape deck doesnt work in the 84 tho

·
Registered
3,226 Posts

pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,451 Posts
I've an 84 that the stereo works AND the tape deck . I've got one 83 but I can't remember if I checked that one out thoroughly. I somehow don't think the 83 was working if I remember correctly....not entirely sure on that but sure on the 84.

So I CAN help U out on an 84 for sure. $40. plus shipping.

PM me with your zip (& an regular email if U want pics) if interested.

D

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,451 Posts
Supra Radio

[thread jack]

are the 83/82 compatible?
Never had an 82 so not really sure on that score...curious tho'...anybody else know??

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I've seen (that I remember) 4 styles of OEM radios, but I'd lump them into 2 categories 82-3 (Equalizer on the top), 84-6 (Equalizer on the bottom)):

82-3: Minor difference in the size/appearance of a couple of the controls, like the volume knob between 82 & 83. 82 Radio:

84-6: 86 had AM STEREO (dual channel C-QUAM). The last dying gasp of AM for music. Pic in previous posts

So far as I know the plugs are the same (so any radio model will work in any 82-6 car)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts