Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
NO! You can not use the 83 harness on the 85. You can find a used one or have yours rebuilt.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Are you parting the 83? If so, where do you live?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
it's a 83 motor in a 85 shell
and the only thing thats not 83 on it is the throttle position sensor
NO! You can not use the 83 harness on the 85. You can find a used one or have yours rebuilt.
I'm pulling the motor and trans out of the 85 and putting it back into a 83 they originally came from a 83

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Let me get this straight. You said you were putting an 83 engine in an 85? Or is it an 83? Confused.

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
looking forward to this. :)
I think yiu changed your post from:
"Are those grounds really connected to injector harness?"
Look at the second to last ground line on the bottom of this page ("e") described in following page as under chamber :

·
Registered
631 Posts
I think yiu changed your post from:
"Are those grounds really connected to injector harness?"
Look at the second to last ground line on the bottom of this page ("e") described in following page as under chamber :
Are you referring to brown ground wire from ECU? I was wondering about his comment of "checking injector grounds" which would be major problem if they were connected there. Then seeing he was going to swap harnesses, I'll wait until that's done and see what happens. Most likely need to electronically test and measure injector harness. Since humans can't see electrons flowing in wires, looking at wires to determine their conducting ability doesn't do any good. I also wonder about all that tape, should be removed so we can see condition of actual wires and terminal.

This is 5-minute fix with multimeter.

I've also checked the injector grounds

still no dice

·
Super Moderator
7,921 Posts
One BRown wires is the ground wire for the the 2 check connectors. The other BRown, and the White-Black are ECU grounds. He may think they are injector wires, as they come out approx at the same section in the engine harness.

Reactions: Flyin' Hawaiian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
[
Are you referring to brown ground wire from ECU? I was wondering about his comment of "checking injector grounds" which would be major problem if they were connected there. Then seeing he was going to swap harnesses, I'll wait until that's done and see what happens. Most likely need to electronically test and measure injector harness. Since humans can't see electrons flowing in wires, looking at wires to determine their conducting ability doesn't do any good. I also wonder about all that tape, should be removed so we can see condition of actual wires and terminal.

This is 5-minute fix with multimeter.
Motor vehicle Rim Steering wheel Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
mini update doged a bullet by ripping it out of the 85 found out none of the bolts were tourked down at all not even the transmission bolts most of the pan bolts were not even hand tight silver lining new gaskets and I've spent the past few days following the tsrm on tourk specks and got around and tested the injectors they all read 2.5 ohms and are clean the fuel rail is good to so
the swap is just over half done and I'll post a update if it fires up in the 83
fingers crossed
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive battery Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Engineering

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
You need an engine balancer or leveler. Not sure what they're called.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts