Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a driver side 83 MK2 door handle. The lock has come loose and fallen into the door. The handle also pulls out when you try to open the door. I will also take a passenger one also just to have on hand. Would you have one or be able to let me know where to get one.

Peter

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the same problem. back of the handle pulled out but the front was still attached, lock fell into the door. I didnt know you can still get new ones, I phoned lordco and they had nothing.

What we ended up doing was removing the handle and put a threaded insert into the remaining plastic where the original insert used to be. We made the insert by drilling and tapping a 3/8 bolt. Tapped the remaining plastic and screwed the insert in with lock tite, now the handle is stronger then when it was new!

Also be aware the 84+ handles are different, and I heard the hole cut in the door is a different size.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wow, I didn't know they had them new either. I'd have picked up a set a while back. I'm on my second set of gorilla glued handles now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Maybe someone could make some type of aluminum/metal brace or something to keep these from snapping/breaking/cracking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts