1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
What a nice old Bluepra! I bet it would look really sharp after a good cleaning. Pop a new radio in it and you would be good to go. I want it!

And I'm sure the A/C is an easy fix ;)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Looks like a nice car, Jake. Thanks for posting it up. I guess he's getting ready for winter! LOL

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yeah - looks nice!

This comment bothers me "If more cargo space is needed, the two rear seats can easily be folded down flat to create an amazing amount of room." IMO - sounds like a salesperson comment.

Looks like a real "missing-link" '82 to '83 (early '83)
Has some carry-over '82 characteristics: firewall black access cover & chrome trim on hatch luggage slides.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Spoke to the gentleman....very nice sincere kind of seller. (not a dealer) original title in his name.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Probably just needs the shiftgasm done. My car felt that way in 3-4 when I bought it and I thought I was in for a tranny drop to play with the synchros, shiftgasm in and she shifts like a dream.

Could be a good bargaining point for you, you know if you anticipate $1000+ in tranny repairs... :naughty:

You definitely don't see many 83s in this color, and 83 was the only year for it right? I want this one - until I read the divorce comment in the other thread...lol.

·
Registered
599 Posts
my wife is ok with the deal,,,,we would have twin 83's (looks anyway)....it would be her car...I will not let her drive my 82.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Did you guys see the 85mph speedo? WTF...ive never seen that in a MK2, anyone else have this?
I think all '82's had the 85 speedo which carried into the '83 model. Changes happened sometime in '83 production. My '83 has a 130 MPH - later production

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Nice find, a blue cherry!! :thumbsup:

...an '82 digital dash - in both mph and km/h - no 85mph limit, lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
my 83 Bluepra quits at 130...........Bluepra (don't like that name) my car has been respectfully named TOAN

Making a road trip Sunday in the MKIV to pick up our Twin :salute:

Look, aren't they cuuuuuute:::::......

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I drove the car todays here my take on it.

Dash is perfect
interior is beautiful, driver side bolster has small tear at the seam..can be stitched back together.
still has original spare(donut like but not full size)..maybe never been out and original jack etc etc.
has a couple deep scratches in front pass. corner.
rear hatch has some sun fading.
missing battery hold down..has 24f battery..wrong one.
shifting into 3rd and 4th is difficult but wiggling shifter goes right in.
a/c compressor doesnt turn on.
tires dry rotting slightly
front driver side wheel has a gouge in it.
cam tower leaking pass. side..mabey possible leak somewhere else.
temp guage was about 5/8 closer to 3/4 during driving...makings of BHG or low on coolant?
76k miles for sure
original owners manual and brochures
toyota supra bra in back of car..looks to be like new
has case of R12 to go with it
felt under powered to me, but im used to boost and not NA
no floor mats
I didnt check lights or any fluids..only had 15mins to looky.
If the guy would take $2500 for it, it would be in my garage.

worth $3500-$3800 to the right buyer..CELSUP?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts