Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's asking $800.00 obo. I have no history or milage for the engine.

I'm going to go take a look and I'll take a bunch of pictures once I get out there. I did speak to the seller. Said it was running but the clutch was not working. Some rust, no idea of what tranny is in there. He says the engine has lifter noise but is otherwise fine.

I am considering making an offer after I take a look. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might have to share since I don't know the 2jz at all.

Anything I should take a special look for? I think its been sitting outside for some time. I have an 83 project car now but these is hard to pass up.
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/1581616530.html

The car is a 1983 Toyota Supra, the motor was swapped with a 2jz in it now, and a stage two clutch. The motor alone in the car is worth the buy. The car is defiantly a great project, the motor has a slight tick in it, which is probably a lifter tick. I am asking 800 for the car but i am willing to negociate because i am leaving the state in a few weeks and need the cash.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not a gte I asked just the ge

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll let you know

·
Registered
218 Posts
i remember calling this guy and he seems pretty legit and it sounds like the swap was done well

·
Super Moderator
8,567 Posts
Depends on what 2JZ you want and have. For example US MkIVs and Aristo the wiring is very different for the stuff you have to wire. For $800 the car is probably a hack job swap.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I'll have to agree with Aaron...wiring these cars 'clean' is worth the asking price if it's done that way (which I too highly doubt). Still, decent price on the car anyways.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After seeing the car i was very disappointed. This is not a 2jz its just a stock 5m.

·
Registered
637 Posts
After seeing the car i was very disappointed. This is not a 2jz its just a stock 5m.
WOW, wtf is wrong with people now a days, there has been people confusing a 5m for a v6, just because of the head design, and now a guy confusing his shit for a 2j? just WOW.

:SM130 (1)::SM130 (1)::SM130 (1)::SM130 (1)::SM130 (1)::SM130 (1):

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
if its a 2jzGTE then its worth it to me..if its a 2jzGE then it just another MK2.
Why the hate? I cant go to any forum without people hating on the GE. It might surprise you to know that a majority of the "big name" racers use GE heads.

I'll line my "just another MK2" up with your car any day my friend. ;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Why the hate? I cant go to any forum without people hating on the GE. It might surprise you to know that a majority of the "big name" racers use GE heads.

I'll line my "just another MK2" up with your car any day my friend. ;)
+1 Its annoying when people hate on the GE's. Some think since its not a GTE it cant hold power. WRONG! Im pretty sure Big Daddy and DaveH on sf.com are both using ge heads and both in the high 7's low 8's range. Im thinking about doing a badass NA-t setup on my 240 next.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i have a GE head on my 7mgte...and i wasnt "hating". just giving an Opinion, thats what he asked for...did you give one?....sure i'd line up with you guys, cmon down to 7200' of density altitude and run it. just because I dont post up numbers dont mean i aint got them. My car is a street car with an emissions cert. and plate...are yours? I dont like getting into this type of BS...i dont have the fastest supra on here but I aint scared of the mighty 2JZ..

BTW..nice right up on the rear sump.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts