Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can fit a front air dam from an 84-85 (the bigger one) on an 82? Mine is kind of old and warped and I dont like it anyway, so I was wonderinf if I could replace it with the newer, better looking ones?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
you have to get the whole front bumper with it and also the turn signal lenses and fog lights from the 84-86 bumper

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, to that, you can transplant the whole front end? Is any of the wiring different? Or let me rephrase that, what would be involved in that swap?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
basically you have to use the front bumper, fender flares P-type, wrap around signal lights.... basically the wiring is straight forward... just hook up the fog to fog, turn to turn, and side marker to front lights

as for the L-type you must use a L-type front bumper

guys did I miss something else???

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sucks, because I have an 82P, and the front airdam I wanted was from an 84L. Now to find an 85P front end....

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
The front bumper covers are exactly the same on P and L types for their respective years.

·
Registered
245 Posts
air dam

what is the difference between the 84-86 p-type and l-type?

just want to know

jeremy

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So an 84L would work fine on my 82P?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I asked about the 84L bumper and airdam, they want $100, and the foglights are missing and one of the turn signal lenses is cracked. Is that pretty fair os should I look elsewhere?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well a scrap yard up in Washington said that a 83 front end would be $500! Though that had the fog lamps and nothing was cracked. Didn't get it though, I don't have that kinda cash to burn! Oh well :roll:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Re: air dam

foonanas said:
what is the difference between the 84-86 p-type and l-type?

just want to know

jeremy
Jeremy,

This question has been asked MANY times by many people. There is a thread on the forum already that will answer your question. If you want to know the differences, here ya go: http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=928

also you might want to look here:
http://www.celicasupra.com/wheels.htm - the top two photos show some of the exterior difference between an L type and a P type.

Good luck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
i really wanted to know the if there were any differences in the 84-86 p-type and l-type airdams. i read all the p-type and l-type differences. i just forgot to put the air dam thing in there

jeremy

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
i really wanted to know the if there were any differences in the 84-86 p-type and l-type airdams.
The front bumper covers are exactly the same between L and P types for their respective years (82-83 & 84-86) as I mentioned above. If you have a P-type you'll need the fender flares off the newer car to match up. If you have an L-type you'd need the fenders to match it up. HTH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts