Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·

hoping to have it on the road in the first week of march. daily driver to toyota

Discussion starter · #103 ·
Awesome build. You really put some hard work into it nice to se! Any updates coming?
I have not done much work on the project at all. I did a little more exhaust work, it just needs the muffler welded on.
But I have not been able to make the clutch engage or disengage... I have bleed the damned units 4 times, I think it's just not reaching. I have to remove the diff, drive shaft, and trans. And shim the slave cylinder closer.
At the same time I've been eyeing up a kit ok eBay 450$ and I get a brand new bell housing that uses a fork, rather than the sealed unit I currently have installed.

Did you use the 6061 spacer on the input shaft of the trans before sliding the slave on? The more popular option seems to be to use the T56 internal slave with the mounting plate that www.1uzfeswapkit.com sells. People seem to have alot more luck with reliability with that setup over the Quartermaster/Howe option.

-Mike

Discussion starter · #105 ·
Did you use the 6061 spacer on the input shaft of the trans before sliding the slave on? The more popular option seems to be to use the T56 internal slave with the mounting plate that www.1uzfeswapkit.com sells. People seem to have alot more luck with reliability with that setup over the Quartermaster/Howe option.

-Mike
Thanks for the links!
I really want to give this QM unit one more try though before I throw it out lol
Btw excessive manufacturing has a few new 1uzfe slave cylinder goodies

Discussion starter · #106 · (Edited)
I finally got around to fixing my clutch issue. Clutch was aprox. 2"5/8 away from the block and the slave was 2"7/8. That 1/4 stopped it from disengaging.
It's all back together and moves!
Clutch feels great grabs really nice. The 1uz is great I scared the shit out of myself already in 4th going down a hill.
Update very soon!

Discussion starter · #107 ·
im back!
kinda... no license until september 16th which gives me plenty of time to get a few more things complete before i decide to daily drive this bitch next summer :) .

last weekends project i tore into the oil filter re-locator plate (OFRP).
heres some pictures of my new OFRP:

and you can order up this baby here:
http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/ONLINESTORE.html?cid=50&step=2
this piece was 80$(USD) PLUS shipping and border fees close to 120$(CAD) compared to the ebay one i got for 20$(CAD) plus shipping
you can see the comparison in quality for yourself here:

i have measured and it is twice the thickness and comes with bolts and a gasket.

overall very happy its not spitting oil out the side of the plate or the lines.

Discussion starter · #108 ·
i also wanted to relocate my battery to behind the passenger seat. i ended up buying the thickest welding cable i could find in two 8 ft lengths. of course i had to take all the manifold and efi off to change the starter cable...

Dirty :(

Clean :)

there it is... encased in plastic and frustrating as all hell to remove without removing the starter...

New cable beside old:

currently in the process of fabricating and welding a couple mounts on the floor for the battery.

very excited to work on the car more this summer, looking at new rubber engine mounts trans mounts, new exhaust, and steel braided power steering lines when the engine comes out for exhaust:) got an idea for aluminum switch board too :)
enjoy the pictures and hopefully this gives a few of you more options for your oil filter plate

GREAT build! So far I can only see hte pics on page 11 though, all other pages have a picture of a frog and says click here to discover image shack.... any ideas how I can see these awesome pics?! (without downloading image shack to my work computer)

101 - 109 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.