281 - 300 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
dash board shipped yesterday
george just got my brake pads in
brake bleeders just arrived yesterday

So, I have an 84 I drove up here from Tennessee 3 days ago. Poor thing has been sitting in a field for 5 years (even has the cool algea green hue on the rear). Got the supra bug and ended up here. I love what you are doing with your car. Its nice to see other local people with a passion for mk2's! (just up the road from you in Roseville) Keep up the good work, you are quite an inspiration.
your killing me (btw feel free to hit me up, im cool with hanging and lending you a hand if you want one)
I started looking around at how deep I am into how many projects (3 project cars and one ratty ass minivan daily driver) and how little i actually have to show for any of it, and I started feeling really guilty for spending as much time/money as I do on these cars....

so i posted up the mr2 and supra for sale/trade on a local forum. If i can sell these off or trade for a good daily driver than it will be for the better.... but i actually hope i dont so im forced to finish them...

I figgured you guys deserved a heads up. I appreciate you guys following the thread and giving me support but I have to start doing the responcible thing sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
dash board shipped yesterday
george just got my brake pads in
brake bleeders just arrived yesterday

your killing me (btw feel free to hit me up, im cool with hanging and lending you a hand if you want one)
I started looking around at how deep I am into how many projects (3 project cars and one ratty ass minivan daily driver) and how little i actually have to show for any of it, and I started feeling really guilty for spending as much time/money as I do on these cars....

so i posted up the mr2 and supra for sale/trade on a local forum. If i can sell these off or trade for a good daily driver than it will be for the better.... but i actually hope i dont so im forced to finish them...

I figgured you guys deserved a heads up. I appreciate you guys following the thread and giving me support but I have to start doing the responcible thing sooner or later.

sorry to hear this man, it would be a shame to see the supra go. just kinda suckes to see it go after all the time and money spent on it. you can sell the mr2 though ;) hahahaha. just j/k. maybe you could just set the supra to the side fora bit?? but either way man whatever you decide to do we all know it wil be the right one. sometimes you just got to cut the strings and start fresh. all the luck to you dude :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I understand you have to have focus and a life. You started out wanting a great daily and worked night and day on the supra. I would like to see you keep it and complete it. What ever you do I have really enjoyed your postings and great work. Don't leave us just cause you don't have a supra!! :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Hey, thank you all... Well the only update on the project is the flywheel and clutch setup is being shipped Friday; new crack free dash is here; and the car is offically listed in the sale section.
All my cars are listed in the for sale/trade sections of their respective forums so we will see how it all pans out

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #285 (Edited)
Well isn't this happy?

Yes that's right, I finally decided I need a brake from that damn mr2 and start working on something that might have a shot at running before the winter !

So back to it;
found some time to install the valve covers; I was worried they would clash with the body color too much but I think they are just right

btw; I loooooove real jdm engines!

I got the hole knocked into the firewall for the engine harness and did a quick test fit of the passingers side header.... Looks like the only modification I will have to make is opening up the hole pattern (again these are cheap eBay 3uz tundra headers)

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you sell that supra your gonna regret it. what you did to this car is unique and only you can completed. If u sell it make sure they have the same skills and detail you have with this car.This isnt a honda you find 1000000 of them moded this is a rare car and even more rare now with that v8 and solid body.

IMO dont sell it but good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
thanks guys, it felt good to work on it again...
IDK
as much as ive put into this thing (work and money) it dosent help the fact that i still dont have a dependible daily driver; and its a bit out of place in my car/bike line up....

It was supposed to be a daily driver, but after all this work, and with the v8 i dont know if id want to drive it in the winter..... if this is the case, than its a summer car right? well i have two motorcycles and a convertible alpine that needs restoration....
long term project car? well, no ive got the alpine for that....

If i get rid of it, it will help me buy a reliable car....so i cant give up on selling it, however, I do enjoy working on it again, and i would love to finish it up...

·
Registered
970 Posts
I've been keeping up with this thread since the day you started it, but have not commented for the lack of something appropriate to say. Your work is stunning dude, and I really hope you finish this project. I am very happy to see that you have gotten a little drive going here as it is.

If anything just pound out the last bit of work that you have to do to get this beast on the road, then start gathering interest to sell it. You and I both know that nobody will be able to finish the car in the same image as you have imagined, and it is going to be beautiful. Also, it will be worth a heck of a lot more in complete form. Financially your last few days of work will be well more than just worth it, in terms of value per hour's work.

Just my 2 cents. If I had the time, money, or experience I'd consider finishing this car myself, but unfortunately that just isn't in the cards now.

-Forrest

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
I've been keeping up with this thread since the day you started it, but have not commented for the lack of something appropriate to say. Your work is stunning dude, and I really hope you finish this project. I am very happy to see that you have gotten a little drive going here as it is.

If anything just pound out the last bit of work that you have to do to get this beast on the road, then start gathering interest to sell it. You and I both know that nobody will be able to finish the car in the same image as you have imagined, and it is going to be beautiful. Also, it will be worth a heck of a lot more in complete form. Financially your last few days of work will be well more than just worth it, in terms of value per hour's work.

Just my 2 cents. If I had the time, money, or experience I'd consider finishing this car myself, but unfortunately that just isn't in the cards now.

-Forrest
hey thank you man,
nah im not one of those guys that gets all huffy about some one chiming in with nothing real important to say! :laugh:

Your right,
the people that dont know about these cars are affraid of seeing one not running and driving, and as it stands right now..... im getting very excited to see this thing run, and to get it to start wont be a whole heck of alot of work..... er.... assuming I did the wire work correctly :sarcasm:

Nah, im sick of looking at that MR2 so some mindless fabrication work would be a great change of pace. Im currently trying to get ahold of the guy making me the clutch/flywheel combo. other than that, and exhaust, other than some plumbing to take care of; the drive shaft is the only missing bit of the puzzle...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
dude i am super happy to see some more progress on this beast!! great to see and yea the gray looks great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
dude i am super happy to see some more progress on this beast!! great to see and yea the gray looks great :thumbsup:
Thanks!
Speaking of
Flywheel
clutch disc
pressure plate (with bolts)
pilot bearing
and
throw out bearing showed today!
(thanks Jake at quantum-auto.com)

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
thats what im talking about! glad to see you working in the supra again! keep the good job coming!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Yeah it's like xmass all over again!!!
Feels great to be making progress again!
Speaking of;
Got quite drunk last night, drilled the holes out on the manafold flanges and started cutting appart the drivers header..... I hope I didn't cut it up too much...

passingers side fit very well, the collector is only about 1/8" from the firewall so I'll have to modify it a bit but the rest looks good

I also decided I didn't like how the heater coolant tube goes streight up over the coolant cross over. I kinked it a bit but it's not restricted too badly
oh and I also got the starter in and power line in

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Well, I looked at the pile of exhaust manifold and decided I wasn't feeling up to tackeling that today so I got the brakes installed (pads didn't show yet). Got all the lines run though, installed the bias valve and master cylinder, as well as the raptor racing smoaked ss soft lines!

also got the engine harness re-arranged a bit and bolted to the firewall; as well as started to pit the interrior harness in place

once the pads show I can install and blead the system

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Cold and friggin nasty out today so I didn't get much done, I did get the majority of the harness in and hooked up for testing... After I verify everything I'll pull it all out again and wrap it...

AND
the kvr carbon fiber pads showed up today! (yeah I know right, carbon fiber brake pads, crazy!)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Finished the brake install today and then continued on with the drivers headder fabrication..
I decided to go with an over under style. Yes it will be a PITA if I ever take it out, but I think this way will give me the most space between the block, steering linkage, and frame rail.
Here is the mockup of two of the runners

I musta had a good day or something because I got all the runners mocked up

281 - 300 of 330 Posts